transferring indicators to new PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transferring indicators to new PC

I am retiring my old PC and switching to a new faster PC. I did a NT Backup and Restore but the new PC charts do not have some of my old indicators. Is there anyway to transfer the indicators from the old PC files?

Hi rcollen, thanks for writing in.

When you were originally creating your backup archive on your old PC, did it report during the backup process that NinjaScript files would be omitted due to detected compatibility issues? If so, your indicators will need to be reinstalled on your new setup.

If this message was not reported by the backup utility, I recommend creating another backup archive on your old PC and ensuring that 'NinjaScript files' is checked, then attempting to restore this archive again on your new PC.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

You could also proceed as follows:

Open the directory Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> bin -> Custom -> Indicators on your old PC. Copy all non system indicators (all file that do not start with @) to a USB stick and then copy them to the same directory of your new PC.

Once you have done that, you need to check whether the copied indicators can be compiled. For that purpose you need to edit any of your NinjaTrader indicators and then compile via F5. In case that the compiling went wrong and produced error messages, you would need to remove all indicators which caused the errors.

You should not copy assemblies from your old PC to the new one. It is better to resintall them from scratch.

Comment

Yes, I see that it did not import the NinjaScript files. However, the XML Documents are found in the new NT7/templates/indicator file. Any way I can get them to show up on my list of usable indicators in a chart?

Comment

Hi rcollen, thanks for your reply.

If you navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicators menu, then double-click on any indicator, then press F5 on the resulting indicator, do you receive any sort of error?

If so, you may be able to add references to these indicators if they exist in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom folder. You would do that by right-clicking on the compiler window, then left-clicking 'References'. You can then add references to any .dll files from this screen.

If the .dll files in question do not exist in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom folder, you will need to reinstall your indicators.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Got it to work using these methods. Thanks very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post maybeimnotrader  
            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post frankthearm