Issue with Stop Loss Triggering Order Rejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Stop Loss Triggering Order Rejection

I'm using the Market Replay connection, and am getting the following issue. I attached a screen capture.

When I open a long or short order, I also set a profit target and a stop loss. I set the profit target and stop loss after getting confirmation that the entershort/enterlong order was filled (e.g., via onOrderUpdate). I leverage Position.AvgPrice to set the profit/stop orders.

I'm currently using 1000 units to enter the order.

Occassionally, the stop loss order will get rejected. This happens when I attempt to set a stop loss above the current price (for a long), or below the current price (for a short). If the rejection happens, it's usually after one or more trades.

The strange thing is that this doesn't happen all the time -- e.g., I have pairs that I'm backtesting with where this never happens. I also check that the stop is right relative to the Close[0] price before I set it.

Unfortunately when the order is rejected, the strategy exits. The following is output in my log file:

**NT** Strategy 'mpUltimateTrend/362797a6599f4a7dbebf5f025bd43922' submitted an order that generated the following error 'OrderRejected'. Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself.
    **NT** Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'mpUltimateTrend/362797a6599f4a7dbebf5f025bd43922'

Here is the code where I set the stop for a short position. It's call in OnOrderUpdate after validating that the position filled. "stopLoss" is a parameter in pips set in the strategy GUI (it's set to -1 if I don't want a stop loss), and "openPositionName" is a global variable set and then used as a parameter to EnterShort or EnterLong:

private void setShortTrailStop()
    {
    double myStop = 0;

if (stopLoss != -1)
    {
    myStop = Position.AvgPrice + (stopLoss * TickSize);

if (Close[0] < myStop)
    {
    SetStopLoss(openPositionName, CalculationMode.Price, myStop, false);
    Print(Instrument.FullName + " " + Time[0] + ": Short Stop set to " + myStop);

} else {
    Print(Instrument.FullName + " " + Time[0] + ": NOT SET! Attempted stop of " + myStop);
    }
    }
    }

I haven't tested whether this will happen live. I attached a screen capture of three instances where this happened. Also when this happens, I never get the "NOT SET Print" condition printed in my log file -- e.g., the Close[0] check works, and the "Short Stop set" is outputted.

Any thoughts on what may be happening would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

micprice,

Please send in your log and trace files to support.

Help -> Mail to platform support

Put Attn Cal and reference this thread in the body
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cal - I just sent the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      0 responses
      1 view