NT7 Newest ver. Loading and Running Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 Newest ver. Loading and Running Slow

Im using NT7 newest ver. in Win7 32bit. I have a loading slow problem.

When open NT7, it take me fews mins into the Control centre and I do some edit in then instrument list, its running slow....

Is it a problem I have a 4xx-5xx Instrument in my default instrument list? Because I would like to use the chart's left up coner arrow to switch the instrument when Im using one chart.

But now I still finding the problem why my NT7 running slow, and my friends also have this problem....even using 64bit version in Win7 or Win8.

Thank you for your help.

Hello Codampd1,

Please try re-naming your data base and loading NinjaTrader this way.

(My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db
    Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and re-name to NinjaTrader.Old.sdf

Restart NinjaTrader
    This will create a new database. I would like you to test the performance on this.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I've renamed the DB file, then the NT7 running normaly but without my Instrument. So, I cant add 4xx-5xx instrument in the default instrument list? Or I can do somethings to solve the problem?

Finally, Thank you for your help^^

Comment

Hello,
        To troubleshoot the matter further please add the instruments back to the default list.
        Please let us know if the matter persists when adding the instruments to the default list.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your help^^ If I use the restore db Method to add the Instrument default list, then the problem again....Or, should I try the way that add the Instrument one by one to the default list manually again? But, It is so painful...

Comment

Hello codampd1,

Try doing so manually first.

Comment

Thanks, I will try it...but please give me some time to do that, then I will reply you the result.

Comment

Sorry Bad news, I have tried to add the instrument into default list, after I have added about 1-2xx instrument, the Ninja Trader start running slow....So I think the problem is the default list, How can I solve the problem? Thank you.

Comment

Hello codampd1,

So you are adding in 100, 200, or even 400 to 500 instruments?

Comment

I have added about 240 Instrument, then then Ninja Trader 7 get loading slow. If I continue to add more instrument, I think it will be going bad.
                    The instrument I have added, US Stocks starting A-F, and some HK Stocks starting with 1.

Thank you for your support and help.

Comment

Hello codampd1,

Thank you for your response.

Is it just the instrument list that has this large amount of instruments? Are you adding this instrument list to a Market Analyzer?

Please advise how many Workspaces you have open (File > Workspaces) and the size of your database file which can be found by going to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db folder and the database will be named 'NinjaTrader' and will be a .SDF file type.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I just add the instrument into the "default" instrument list. and do not use and add into Market Analyzer.

I just have 1 Workspeace and 1 Chart with 1 MACD indicator. And, the .SDF size is 7824KB.

Now, I just sure one thing after test, that is the Ninja Trader will get running slow (When open NT or edit the instrument list) as I put many instruments into the "Default" list.

Thank you for your support and help.

Comment

Hello codampd1,

Thank you for your response.

Can you send over your database to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with this thread in the body of the e-mail?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please reference this thread in the body of the e-mail: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=72768"

Comment

Thank you I've sent the email with db file to that address. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby