Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Range Bars not loading (FXCM Practice account)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Bars not loading (FXCM Practice account)

Hi all,

I am no longer satisfied with my current broker and their platform so I recently opened a practice account with FXCM to test my strategies on NinjaTrader.
    I use range bars for some of my strategies.

I think I set up the account in the right way, because I can open charts of different Forex-pairs with different chart data settings, but sadly 'range bars' don't work

When I try to add a new chart I select "last, range and 14" for period and "candlestick" as chart style. When I click ok, the chart goes blank and hangs on 'loading data'.

Selecting a shorter data period (only one day) or only 50 bars doesn't work either

Am I missing something ?
    EDIT: I just discovered that I do get range bars when I first load a chart with different 'period' settings: I load EURUSD with "last, tick, 4" and then change the type to 'range' in the chart data settings.

On a sidenote: where can I find brokers that allow me to use NT for CFD-trading ?? Preferably located in Europe

Thanks in advance and congratulations already with your software. Looks neat
    Last edited by Spinn; 03-22-2015, 02:22 PM.

Hello Spinn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

CFDs are supported with FXCM and NinjaTrader, please contact FXCM for more information.

The Range Bars should not have any issues. Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference this thread in the body of the e-mail: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=72780"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gbourque