No historical price on FGBL 06-15, just shows current price only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No historical price on FGBL 06-15, just shows current price only

I left my PC on overnight as I always do to collate data.
    When I last looked at it yesterday evening, all was fine.
    I come in this morning and am faced with the chart attached to this post.
    Please note the data series settings.

Please note the following:

everything was displaying correctly when I last looked-something has happened in the intervening period. The PC has not shut down.

I have FESX charts on my other screen and they are all fine.

you can see the volume history on the malfunctioning chart but the price is simply unable to do anything other than display current price and that's it. All historical prices have disappeared, but you will note that the volume is still there.

I have shut down and rebooted. No change. I have opened new charts, with no templates, just raw price data as per the NT default-same problem.Please advise on this problem, why it happened and how often I can expect it to occur in future/if this is a common problem. I trade 2 markets so 50% of my trading is done for the day.

Regards,
    Bootsy
    Attached Files

Hello Bootsy,

The screenshot shows the price axis is extended to a price of 2500.00 due to a bad tick. This causes the price bars to vertically compress into a line.

Do you still see the bad tick after right clicking in the chart and selecting 'Reload All Historical Data'? If so, it is loaded this way from the connected data feed. You can exclude the bad tick in the Historical Data Manager. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab and locate the bad tick. Double click the row and column in question and enter a different value. Click the Save button in the lower left corner. You can find additional instructions and more information at the link below.

This is not a common issue and should not happen often.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      Thanks for the quick reply.
      Reloading the historical data did not work.
      I went into the Tools section as you described, looked at the instructions on the link that you sent, but realised I have no idea what I'm looking for. Have scrolled through the prices and there's no obvious errors that flag up to show an incorrect tick. As such I still have the same problem, I cant correct something that isn't showing up as an error?

Regards,
      Bootsy

Comment

Hello Bootsy,

You need to look for prices that are much higher than normal. See screenshot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Apologies, I understand what you mean now it's sunk in. Have been through the data and re-edited. There are no outstanding extreme price markers but now I get this chart (see attached).
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'. It should now use the modified values you entered in the Historical Data Manager.

Comment

I tell a lie-there are because price is constantly updating with incorrect price markers . Jesus.

Comment

Yes, I see there are new bad ticks received as time goes by. I assume you connect to Kinetick in NinjaTrader. I will inform Kinetick regarding these bad ticks.

In the meantime, you can use the realtime tick filter to filter out bad ticks as per a percentage compared to the last traded price. You can find it at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab (Filter bad ticks). A value of of 5, represents 5 %. So if a realtime tick is outside the range of 5 % compared the tick received prior, it will be excluded. Please see the link below for more information and instructions to have it enabled.

The realtime filter only affects realtime data. It does not affect historical data. If you still see bad ticks in your historical data, you will need to correct it in the Historical Data Manager.

Comment

Ok thanks Jason-all sorted although have lost data that was being imported into a custom indicator. Will keep an eye on this as if if it happens too often will be too much to deal with!

Comment

Hi Jason,
                    One more thing. Data feed is working correctly but price data is now no longer feeding into my cumulative delta. Price os feeding into the historical volume that I have displayed below.
                    Whilst I understand that this is not an NT indicator any help you can give on why this is the case would be helpful as NT is the intermediary platform which has been malfunctioning with all the data coming in etc Today is turning into a complete trading write off.

Comment

Does it make a difference if you remove and re-add this custom indicator?

What happens if you create a brand new chart without indicators and add-ons and subsequently you add this indicator?

Comment

Hi Jason,
                        Sorry there's so much that I'm doing, then writing to you, that I'm leaving stuff out. Yes I've already done this, and shut down and rebooted for the 5th time today! It makes no difference-the Cumulative Delta is disconnected.
                        The historical volume bars are all updating fine so the data feed is ok. I also have GOMCD (indicator name) up and running for a different market that has not been affected by incorrect prices and this is working fine as well.

Totally mystified!

Regards,
                        Bootsy

Comment

OK and now the old problem has returned as I have an incorrect price tick that goes up to 2500.00 instead of about 158. This has occurred with the system turned on and running. For the love of....

Comment

Could it be this indicator does not work due to the bad ticks? You only experience the issue in FGBL charts? Unfortunately I am not sure how this indicator functions.

Yes, I see a new bad tick was received a few minutes ago. I have sent a message to Kinetick to look into why the FGBL keeps receiving bad ticks.

Comment

Hi Jason,
                              The indicator was not working in the few brief minutes where there was no bad ticks as I'd edited them out. So I've no idea what has broken down as technically there were no bad ticks left as they'd all been edited out. Works on other markets (have just checked). Looks like I won't be trading that market today. Or ever!?

Regards,
                              Bootsy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mattbsea  
                              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                              6 responses