Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Could not install NinjaTrader 4 (due to .NET Framework issues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not install NinjaTrader 4 (due to .NET Framework issues)

I am putting together a standalone (Windows XP Home Edition) box to run NinjaTrader. I downloaded the most recent version of the software and, upon trying to install it, got the message:

The setup requires the .NET Framework version 1.1.4322. Please install the .NET Framework and run the setup again...

I went to the Microsoft site, downloaded the package, did the install and rebooted:

.NET Framework Versoin 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 1 IA64 (64 Bit).

However,I got the same message when I tried to install NinjaTrader again. The only odd thing about my system is that I had to install XP twice - once in the "WINDOWS" folder, and then once in the "WINDOWS2" folder - which is the current installation and where all the new software seems to go. It looks to me like the install script is looking only in the "WINDOWS" folder, which is not current.

Is there a way around this (I should be able to have a "WINDOWS2" directory), or do I need to start completely from scratch again?

- Pete

imported post

I am unclear what you mean about having installed XP twice in two different folders? Doesn't XP exist on a PC only once?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I initially had trouble installing XP (from the ME version that was originally on the machine). Since I did not have enough memory initially, once I upgraded to Service Pack 2, the PC never booted windows - it just got close and rebooted itself - creating a constant loop.

Once I added more memory (I now have 192M with a 700 Mhz processor), I re-loaded Windows XP. However, since I didn't want to wipe the disk, it ended up installing a second XP folder (with a dual-boot option, which I ignore, since it defaults to the correct version).

My question is - when the NinjaTrader install program looks for .NET, does it directly look into C:/Windows, or does it follow a path to the current version?

Thanks,

Pete

Comment

imported post

Please disregard my last email. I will bite the bullet and wipe the disk so that I can do an XP re-install from scratch - this is the cleanest way to go. Thanks for your help - I look forward to starting to trade with the help of NinjaTrader!

- Pete

Comment

imported post

Glad you got it squared away. I would like to make one suggestion - I would seriously consider upgrading to 528 MB RAM if not 1 GB. 192MB is seriously no where near enough.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Hi Ray -

So, I spent my evening wiping my entire disk clean, reinstalling XP, putting on Service Pack 2 and making all necessary updates. Allwas cool.

I then went to install the .NET framework as specified by your setup program. The latest package for general use seems to be ".NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package Beta 1 (x86)" - I installed this and rebooted. I also went to "Windows UPdate" just to check if there were any further updates that I may need.

However, when I went to install NinjaTrader I still got the message:

"This setup requires the .NET Framework version 1.1.4322. Please install the .lNET Framework and run this setup again..."

I tried to install all three versions on the website (NinjaTrader.Install, NinjaTrader.Install4028 and NTV3027) - all give me this error message.

Please help - at this point, I am out of ideas (BTW, I have purchased a three-month subscription, but am unable to trade until I get this squared away). I know that I have a solid, clean copy of XP and that I have the latest .NET framework from the site that you point me to.

Thanks,

Pete

Comment

imported post

I think the problem is .Net Version 2.

You want to install MS .Net 1.1 located here -

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Ray

Comment

imported post

Having same problem...giving up

Comment

imported post

Bruce,

You also sent a note to [email protected] which I replied to. I have not had a respond yet. Can you please send me a note.

Vince
                  Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Sent noteto email with a screen shot of the error after having installed net 2.0 and run a "register mechanic" clean up without the 1.1 which I cant seem to install completely.........getting closer..........

I cant believe this cause on my other computer it all went so smooth......the problem started when we installed net 1.1 over the existing one.

Comment

imported post

reverted back to .NET 1.1 ...........all iswell

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM