simulated stop threshold question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simulated stop threshold question...

I want to make sure I understand Eamon's answer to my simulated stop question yesterday. Say I have entered a YM position at 12400 with a simulated stop at 12395, with a volume trigger of 50 contracts. Say it trades 10 contracts at 395 and another 10 at 394, a market order will be triggered due to it's having moved one tick past the stop, even though the volume trigger has not been hit? Thanks.

Alan
    Last edited by alanack; 04-24-2008, 08:46 AM. Reason: grammar

Hi Alan,

Thanks for attending the session yesterday.

The simulated stop is not based on traded contracts. It's based on the bid / offer size. So lets say you have your 12395 buy stop. With a volume trigger of 50 and currently the bid size is 51. If the price and bid size stay here no market order is sent. However, if the market price where to drop lower or the bid size change to 50 or less then a market order will be submitted to stop you out of your position.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Eamon View Post
      Hi Alan,

Thanks for attending the session yesterday.

The simulated stop is not based on traded contracts. It's based on the bid / offer size. So lets say you have your 12395 buy stop. With a volume trigger of 50 and currently the bid size is 51. If the price and bid size stay here no market order is sent. However, if the market price where to drop lower or the bid size change to 50 or less then a market order will be submitted to stop you out of your position.
      Thanks, Eamon. I get it now. Now I am wondering, is my stop strategy, that a stop loss order would be triggered only when a defined volume of contracts trade at or below the stop price(for a long position) something that could be configured using NinjaScript? This would be an extremely useful way of avoiding getting stopped out on spikes with miniscule volume. Thanks.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by alanack View Post
        Thanks, Eamon. I get it now. Now I am wondering, is my stop strategy, that a stop loss order would be triggered only when a defined volume of contracts trade at or below the stop price(for a long position) something that could be configured using NinjaScript? This would be an extremely useful way of avoiding getting stopped out on spikes with miniscule volume. Thanks.

Alan
        Hello,

This could be accomplished using NinjaScript only. It is not possible directly with ATM stop strategy features.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses
        1 view