Reproducing "Max number of tickers has been reached 101" error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproducing "Max number of tickers has been reached 101" error message

I spent quite some time investigating why I kept getting "Max number of tickers has been reached 101" error, which made me not able to use NT to trade IB TWS.

In NT, I created two workspaces, one is called "DailyExport", in which I created a few daily charts, another one is called "Defult", in which only one intraday 5min chart is open.

I did not realized that if there are multiple workspaces shown in workspaces menu, they are all opened when NT starts. The check mark only means that workspace is actively shown on screean.

Anyway due to my misunderstanding, when NT starts, both workspaces are open, therefore NT requests hsitorical data for all instruments in my "DailyExport" workspace.

Because I created that "DailyExport" workspace yesterday, the last trading day of the data series of all daily charts is set to "4/23/2008". The detailed descript of this issue is in this post:

So today when I opened NT, all daily charts in the invisible "DailyExport" workspace showed data up to yesterday.

Now it comes the big problem. Whenever I click "Connect" menu to connect NT to my IB paper trading account, in NT Log window there are multiple Max number of tickers has been reached 101 error message shown up.

Because there are only about 13 daily charts opened, the # of tickers should never reach the 100 limit.

This issue can be reproduced each time following my above description.
    So I believe there must be something wrong in NT.

BTW, I manually edited each daily chart setting to modify the last trading day to today's date and the error 101 did not show up. When I changed it back to yesterday's date, 101 message showed up again. (However I only tested this once (change them and change them back).

There might be a few conditions need to be met: enough number of daily charts (> 10?), last trading day in data series format window is set to yesterday.

- Clearpicks

Please contact IB support to understand on which conditions you'll run into that TWS limitation.

Comment

In the log file of IB TWS, for each instance I got 101 error in NT, I saw a line "Can't find EId with tickerId" in IB log. Something like:

HL 09:15:04:667 JTS-EServerSocket-34: SECDEF Sending reqId=FixSecDefReqBySymbol15 symbol=ZN 0 ECBOT
      HL 09:15:04:667 JTS-EServerSocket-34: SECDEF Sending reqId=FixSecDefReqBySymbol16 symbol=YM 0 ECBOT
      HL 09:15:04:702 JTS-CCPDispatcher-12: SECDEF Handling reqId=FixSecDefReqBySymbol15
      HL 09:15:04:703 JTS-CCPDispatcher-12: Sending market data Subscribe 43535681/ECBOT/3...
      HL 09:15:04:704 JTS-CCPDispatcher-12: Farm usfuture/mktgw1.ibllc.com/4000/3: Adding message to queue
      HL 09:15:04:732 JTS-cashfarmDispatcher-38: Received MD auth msg classid = 1
      HL 09:15:04:732 JTS-cashfarmDispatcher-38: Received SERVER_PARAMS
      HL 09:15:04:738 JTS-CCPDispatcher-12: SECDEF Handling reqId=FixSecDefReqBySymbol16
      HL 09:15:04:739 JTS-CCPDispatcher-12: Can't find EId with tickerId:3

IB tech support told me most of the time that message occurs if the API application is trying to cancel a connection that doesn’t exist. So I think there might be something wrong in eitehr NT or IB API which remembered some incorrect status info from workspace(?) such as instrument mapping, data reqid, etc.

- Clearpicks

Comment

Unfortunately we are unable to comment TWS traces. Please follow up with IB support.

Comment

Just open one daily chart with last day set to yesterday 04/24/2008 and save this one chart workspace and shutdown NT.

Reopen NT, connect to IB paper trading account, and in the Log window of NT, one 101 error message would appear. In the correpsonding IB TWS log, a "Can't find EId with tickerId:1" log can be found at the same time as that in NT log window. So is this an NT's bug or IB API bug?

- Clearpicks

Comment

>> "Can't find EId with tickerId:1"
            Please see below. You would need to ask IB support on their logs.

Comment

I have been working with IB support to solve this problem since yesterday morning. I have sent them the log files and xml files.

I will keep you updated once IB support gets back to me with the answer.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              >> "Can't find EId with tickerId:1"
              Please see below. You would need to ask IB support on their logs.

Comment

Any update on this will be appreciated as I am getting the same message....
                thanks
                Geo

Comment

Not sure if that would resolve your issues, but please double check your are on latest 6.5.1000.7.

Comment

yes i am with the recommended version of TWS.
                    thanks

Not sure if that would resolve your issues, but please double check your are on latest 6.5.1000.7.

Comment

Sorry, 6.5.1000.7 is the latest NT release number.

Comment

What I meant was Yes I am on that Ninja version along with the recommended version of TWS

thanks
                        Geo

Sorry, 6.5.1000.7 is the latest NT release number.

Comment

Thanks for checking. Then I guess we are back to square #1 which is contacting IB support as per below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post usazencort  
                          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes