Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brokerage Support

Hello,

Does NT provide brokerage support for Wells Fargo? I have a Wells Fargo brokerage account that I would like to use with NT for an automated trading strategy. If so, what is the process for setting this up?

Thanks!

Lee

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader does not support a direct connection to Wells Fargo accounts. A list of supported brokerages which can be used with NinjaTrader can be found at this publicly available link: http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Brokers.php

If other questions come up which I could assist you with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the info. Does Ninjatrader brokerage support regular stocks/equities? I would like to stick with Ninjatrader for everything, but I found only references to futures contracts. My plan is to use ATM for automated trading with some simple ETFs like SPY. So that leads to my next question.

If Ninjatrader brokerage does not support stocks, I think Interactive brokers is the best choice for what I plan to do. But I will need a licensed version (lease or buy) of Ninjatrader to perform ATM? I'm assuming that the link/operation between Ninjatrader and Interactive brokers is good.

So then what is the process? Open an account with Interactive Brokers, purchase a licensed version of Ninjatrader and have at it? Does Interactive brokers provide a good data feed as well, or can I use yahoo finance (is this real time with ninjatrader) for data?

Before I go this route, I will probably setup a demo account to practice this since this is all new to me.

Thanks again for the help,

Lee

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, stocks/equities would not be supported with NinjaTrader Brokerage. However, you are correct. You may use Interactive Brokers with the NinjaTrader 7 Platform. You would connect to Interactive Brokers to receive data and place trades to your account within the NinjaTrader Platform.

Also, to use ATM Strategy, you will need to purchase or lease a live license key.

Don't hesitate to let us know if we may help further.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Interactive Brokers TWS and NT - stock swing trading

Hi Team,

I've owned NT for a long time and used it for futures.

However I'm moving over to swing trading stocks (CFD's actually) through Interactive Brokers. I'd love to use the NT front end for order submission since TWS is about as painful as software can possibly get.

However, I'm not sure NT is really up to stock trading over an INTER-DAY period.

The DOM is focused on entering multiple stops and orders at various TICK levels away, however, as a longer term trader I simply want to enter actual target prices.

Isn't there an easy way to enter a stock order by using the PRICE, and then set the PRICE for (e.g.) 3 targets? TWS does not allow multiple bracket orders which is a pain if you want to scale out. I was hoping NT could solve the problem, but scrolling up the DOM would take hours for longer-term positions which have large targets and stops.

Is there a way to enter stock prices in an order, with multiple targets and stops all connected through OCO, rather than targets that are "x" pips / ticks away (i.e. actually set the prices for the targets)?

It would seem that, if not, this is a major omission in the ability to use NT for longer term trading ?? Surely an easy improvement ??

Thanks

wave

Comment

Hi Drew,

So if I purchase NT now, would I need to repurchase NT when the next version comes out?

Thanks,

Lee

Comment

Hello Wave,

Thank you for your post.

ATM Strategies can be configured to submit their Stop Loss and Profit Target orders based on price by making the following change:
              Right click in the window where you are submitting your orders and select Properties.
              In the Properties menu change the 'Parameter Type' property to Price then click OK.

After clicking OK, new ATM Strategies configured in this window will use price as a input when placing Stop Loss and Profit Target orders.

Please try this new parameter type setting out in the simulation account and let me know if any questions come up.

Comment

Hello Lee,

A live license will include access to all NinjaTrader upgrades at no additional charge.

If other questions come up which I could assist you with please let me know.

Comment

Problem-LOGIN FAILED

Good morning, and good year 2018!

Look, I have a problem since today: I CAN NOT connect my account (Joan) and therefore access the market, neither in real (live) nor in
                  simulated.

The following message appears: LOGIN FAILED: AN UNESPECIFIED ERROR HAS OCCURRED..PLEASE CONTACT SUPPORT DESK

And the truth is that I have not made any change that provokes it. Then I restored the system to a previous date but it does not work either.

Please, tell me if there is a problem and / or I should contact another department.

Comment

We're finding that users experiencing this are not using the current version of NinjaTrader.

What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

If you're not using 7.0.1000.37, please upgrade and reset your instruments.

First, to upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
                    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                    • Enter your license key and press Submit
                    • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                    • Select 'Download'
                    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Lastly, to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
                    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Sam2515
                    by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                    15 responses
                    0 likes