Trouble using Kinetick and IB data simultaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble using Kinetick and IB data simultaneously

I trade Forex and Futures on IB and I recently subscribed to a Kinetick CME data feed. When I connect to Kinetick first and then IB I stop receiving Forex data. When I connect to IB first and then to Kinetick my ES chart uses IB data. How do I set NT up to use Kinetick for Futures and IB for Forex.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently there is not an option to set a specific asset to a specific connection however development has assigned this feature request ID # 342 in their tracking system.

Currently NinjaTrader will not look at the second connection unless the asset is not supported by the first connection.

Since both Kinetick and IB both support Forex the first connection would need to also have this asset authorized for the account in order to receive real time data.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your help. I don’t have a Kinetick Forex subscription so I think that’s why I’m losing Forex when I connect to Kinetick. If there is no way around that, it looks like my plan will be to run a free version of NT connected to Kinetick on a separate computer for ES charting and use my main computer with my licensed NT connected to IB for Forex and order entry.

Comment

Correct if you are connected to Kinetick first that account would need to be subscribe to Forex data as well.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes