X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 general questions

i have5 basic general questions:

1. how do i add a new stock instrument?

when i attempt to add the error msg says.... must set at least one "symbol map value"???? there is no field called "symbol map value"?????

2. when adding a new stock instrument, what does "default" exchange mean?

if i use TradeStation does it default to their execution method? otherwise it asks to specify the exchange(isld, arca, brut, soes, nasdaq, ext) but all these exchanges can not be added at once. Does that mean I call only get executed on the ecn I specify???

3. I dont understand the difference btwn static and dynamic doms?

it seems that a "dynamic" moving dom would be prefferable to "static".... but the Transaction credits are charged on the "static" version. Please explain this???

4. How are partial fills handled?

if i enter an order to buy 300 aapl on a limit and get filled on 200, how are my 3 profit target limits(and stops)distibuted? are 100 shares allocated to the first 2 targets and the third eliminated, or are 66 shares sent to all 3 target limits?? that only adds up to 199 shares? how is it handled and do i have a choice?

5. Do my live orders & executions show up on my TradeStation platform?

imported post

Ray,

1. There is no need to add a stock. Just type in the stock into any of the order entry windows instrument input box and press "Enter" key.

2. It means the defauly smart order routing of IB or MBT.

3. See Help Guide -->Search for dynamic...there is a section that explains the difference.

4. Handled in sequence. If you have 3 targets with 100 shares each and you get filled on 150. You will have T1 w 100 shares, T2 with 50 shares.

5. No, NinjaTrader does not execute orders through TS brokerage. Which brings me back to point #1 ....

I suspect you are using TS as your data source to drive NT? If yes, then check out the Symbol Mapping section under the Misc Tab. Under External - set the symbol name. So for MSFT set it to MSFT.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

so i need an account at IB?

the problem i have with them is the have great commision rates and terrible executions. they only allow an order to be executed on 1 ecn at a time., regardless of where the best price is. big problem.

Comment

imported post

IB or MB Trading.

Comment

imported post

your marketing is very misleading to say Ninja's automated trading is compatable with TradeStation, when in factNONE of Ninja's trading is compatible with TradeStation.

Comment

imported post

Sorry that you misinterpreted our capabilities but we do support automated trading for TS and have many users doing this. I will see how I can make our message more clear.

TradeStation Automated Trading

The NinjaTraderTM Automated Trading Interface (ATI) provides a direct DLL based interface for TradeStation allowing you to easily execute your system trade signals through anyone of NinjaTrader's supported brokers.

Comment

imported post

maybe eliminate where it says "order entry" SUPER DOM????

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
              Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post Skifree