Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

tearing my hair out over replay (or lack thereof)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tearing my hair out over replay (or lack thereof)

I've heard so many wonderful things about Ninjatrader's replay function. But I've now spent the last five hours trying to get it to work...to no avail.

I have followed the instructions (dowloading historical data, connecting to market replay connection, etc.) precisely. I can't even get anything to replay on the DOM.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Have you downloaded historical data or Market Replay data? The historical data from your data provider can be used within NinjaTrader for charting, analytics, and backtesting but cannot be used with NinjaTrader's Market Replay feature. You will be able to record the live streaming data to use for Market Replay at a later date but you would not be able to download replay data directly from your data provider's servers. You can learn more about setting up Market Replay at the following link:

At this time, the data for Market Replay must be saved in a specific format and the data in this format can only be downloaded from NinjaTrader's historical data server. NinjaTrader's data server will record replay data for popular futures contracts but stocks and spot forex are not currently recorded.

One of the enhancements that we are looking into for the next major release of NinjaTrader would allow you to play back the historical data from Kinetick similar to the current Market Replay feature.

Market Replay works if you have downloaded or recorded market replay data. Please see the following link for detailed instructions on downloading and recording market replay data.

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks so much. Using DTN/IQ feed and I now have replay for candlestick charts. It's OFA charts that appear to be balking. But I now suspect this has nothing to do with Ninjatrader.

Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
      9 responses
      0 likes