X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM/NT connection issue

HI everyone

I have a live connection with FXCM.

At about 9.30am ET today Tuesday, April 7, I heard the message 'Connection lost'. Yet, my internet connection was fine: I could get onto any site except for this Forum and ninjatrader.com's home page.

I guess NT's servers went down for a few minutes. This is a bit worrying.

What was strange is that FXCM still appeared to be connected through the 'connect' box.

Is this what happened and should the platform be closed down in such an event?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We have not had any issues with our data servers or web servers this morning, as far as we have seen, and we have not heard of FXCM having any issues with their servers, either. In such an event, if you are connected to a live account, the first thing I recommend is to call the Orders desk right away to make sure that you can cancel any open orders, if needed, and manage any open positions.

The next thing I would recommend would be to exit NinjaTrader, then reboot your modem, PC, and router, and see if the connection becomes more stable. Also, if you are connected wirelessly, I recommend switching to a hardwired connection.

If you would like me to look a bit deeper to see what occurred, please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support (do not attach them in the forum).

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1291686
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks very much, Dave. I've just emailed you through the platform as requested.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post cre8able  
      Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby