Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I get charts to open to each monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get charts to open to each monitor?

Hello,
    I am using 6.5.1 and am curious if it is possible to have Ninja open with the charts opening to each monitor where they were when I closed the platform the day before? I have 3 monitors each with ~4 charts, and 2 DOM's on one, Market Analyzer on another, and would like to be able to avoid having to move each piece to the correct monitor everyday. I have it all saved under one workspace and have saved with the charts in the correct position everyday, but it always opens with everything piled onto my main monitor.
    Thank you

Hi A-10,

Thank you for your post.

- Adjust your charts as you want them to populate within NinjaTrader.

- Close NinjaTrader from the Control Center

- Save the workspace as your default.

- When you open NinjaTrader again the windows will be as you left them.

Comment

How do I set it as Default? Currently there is the Default workspace that was the original when I downloaded 6.5, but I don't use it.
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by a-10tankkill View Post
        How do I set it as Default? Currently there is the Default workspace that was the original when I downloaded 6.5, but I don't use it.
        Thank you
        When shutting down NinjaTrader you will be prompted if you would like to save this workspace as your default.

Comment

When I sign out I do get a prompt to save the "default" workspace, and then a prompt to save my other workspace, but there is no option to save it as Default. Currently when I open Ninja at the bottom of File-Workspaces it shows a "default" workspace and my workspace with a check next to my workspace and that is what is open, but all on the main screen. It won't let me close the default. If I try to "save as" the "default" under my workspace name I get a popup saying " Saving the "Default workspace as a new workspace name will leave "Default" workspace blank. Do you wish to proceed?" I'm holding off doing so until I hear it is the way to go.
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by a-10tankkill View Post
            When I sign out I do get a prompt to save the "default" workspace, and then a prompt to save my other workspace, but there is no option to save it as Default. Currently when I open Ninja at the bottom of File-Workspaces it shows a "default" workspace and my workspace with a check next to my workspace and that is what is open, but all on the main screen. It won't let me close the default. If I try to "save as" the "default" under my workspace name I get a popup saying " Saving the "Default workspace as a new workspace name will leave "Default" workspace blank. Do you wish to proceed?" I'm holding off doing so until I hear it is the way to go.
            Thank you
            Hello A-10,

Please view the attached screen shot. At this point just click the yes to all option.
            Attached Files

Comment

I did as posted and I still getting all the charts opening on top of each other on my main screen.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot dictate where on your screen the charts will open, but you can click and drag them to the location of your choice.
                JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thats what I was figuring, just hoping it wasn't. It is a bit of a pain to reposition my charts everyday to each monitor. 10 charts, 2 DOM's, data box, control center, and a market analyzer. I used to be a Tradestation user and the charts would always open to where they were when you closed, or last saved. Is it possible this is a feature that can be added? It is a very nice feature.
                  Thank you for your help!

Comment

Actually, I just heard from development that all windows should reopen at exact same position as on last close. Even when on different monitors.

The prerequisite is, that the monitors must be managed as one desktop (=setting in windows I think).

I would check the settings on your PC.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jessica; 04-25-2008, 11:45 AM.
                    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, yes they are set up as independent displays. I checked my video card and the monitors would have to be essentially the same in terms of display properties and they are not, so I have to have them as individual. Is there any chance that tech is working on making it possible to open independently? As I mentioned(not to cause a fight ) Tradestation is able to do this, so it is possible.
                      Thank you again!

Comment

Yeh it Works...

Go Start> Control Panel> Display> Setting > then select your second monitor by clicking on it in the settings window > then check the "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor check box.

Then ya gotta drag the screen you want to open onto the second monitor... expand to full screen and it should open up from there.

That's works for me anyway!

Screen shot attached.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the reply and I did check my settings and the 2 extra monitors are both set to"Extend my Windows desktop". I will hope that it is a feature that can be added.
                          Thank you

Comment

I see below how one can save and display your NT default workspace over several monitors if your desktop extends over these monitors...

Can one currently save additional workspaces over these several monitors and then open these seperately after NT starts initially with only the default workspace, and then cycle through these, closing these additional spaces down to the default space only upon close of NT ??

Thanks...

Comment

Hello Alfred,

You can only have one workspace displayed on your monitor(s). It is supported to open up multiple workspaces; one will be displayed on your monitor(s), the others will be running in the background. More information can be found at the link below.
                              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
                              10 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post beobast
                              by beobast

Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
                              5 responses