Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-setting Order Entry

Hi,

I would like to find out how can I enter an order; once triggered, it will place profit target and stop loss automatically. In IB, it is called bracket order. For example,

Assuming the price now is @1.9910, you can place an preset order as:
    Long - Limit price @1.9900
    If filled, it will automatically trigger sell limit price @1.9950
    and sell stop price @1.9820

Regards,
    Toyogo

Hi Toyogo,

You can do this in NinjaTrader using an ATM strategy. You would set "ATM strategy" in the SuperDOM to "<Custom>". You can now define the stop loss and profit target of your entry order.

According to your example and providing one tick = 0.0010, you would enter a value of 5 at profit target and a value of 8 at stop loss. More information can be found in the link below.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by toyogo00 View Post
      Hi,

I would like to find out how can I enter an order; once triggered, it will place profit target and stop loss automatically. In IB, it is called bracket order. For example,

Assuming the price now is @1.9910, you can place an preset order as:
      Long - Limit price @1.9900
      If filled, it will automatically trigger sell limit price @1.9950
      and sell stop price @1.9820

Regards,
      Toyogo
      Hi Toyogo,

Thank you for your post.

You will wish to apply an ATM strategy. This will place a 'bracket' order once you have been filled.

I would recommend attending our training events SuperDOM basics, and ATM level 1 as we cover the utilization of the ATM features in depth during these free sessions.

You can find more information regarding the ATM feature within our help guide here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nStrategy.html

To view a complete schedule of our upcoming web events please go here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/tr...ine_events.htm

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, I got it working but I can only use FX Pro if I want to place Forex. The ATM strategy is ok for me now.

Another question, I cannot directly change the Limit/Stop Price (ok with Qty). The current price is 1.9838/40, if I want to place a Sell Limit at 1.9925. I cannot enter the price directly, instead I have to use the incremental arrow to step up/down - very cumbersome.

Regards,
        Toyogo
        Attached Files

Comment

Please double click in the Price-field and the price will convert to the current price. From there you can scroll to the price you like.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

My problem is after getting the current price (say 1.9850), I want to change it to 1.9900 (through direct type over), the scrolling will take a long time from 1.9850 to 1.9900. Pls advise!

Regards,
            Toyogo

Comment

Hello,

Here are some short cuts:

1. You can increase the price of an order by one tick increment by pressing the "+' button. Holding the CTRL key down will modify the order by 5 tick increments, ALT key by 10 tick increments
              2. You can decrease the price of an order by one tick increment pressing on the "-" button. Holding the CTRL key down will modify the order by 5 ticks increments, ALT key by 10 tick increments
              JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thanks all, I find it only works with pressing ctlr key down for 10pips (in forex - FX Pro) which is good enough as I've also turn off the "FX subpip support". Imaging before that I've to press the left mouse button 100 times to get 10 pips with "FX subpip support" turning on!!!!!!

However, as I am using notebook (do not have full-size desktop keyboard), the short-cut key still not very convinience and the direct number entering still be the best way. If it is not available now, I think it should be very easy to modify the source code to enable this feature in the next version release (just a suggestion - especially for forex trader with FX subpip support turn on).

Regards,
                Toyogo

Comment

Thanks. We will put your suggestion onto the list of future considerations.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you trade FX through IB with sub-pip disabled you may experience unexpected results with respect to fill prices and any other areas where prices come from IB in fractional format.

I highly advise you to enable sub-pip support.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks, I will re-enable it. However, this means the max increament for the price is only 1 pip (x10) by pressing "Ctrl" key... - stop loss of 50pips requires to kick the button 50 times!!!!

Regards,
                      Toyogo

Comment

Yes that is true but as a workaround, you can just type in the price you want as well.

Comment

Hi Ray,

That's exactly my question for this thread that I'm asking how to do so. I cannot simply type in the price I want, instead I've to use the mouse to tick on the up and down button which is very time consuming. Pls show me how to do it directly. I'm using FX Pro instead of Super DOM as I'm trading forex.

Regards,
                          Toyogo

Comment

Ah..sorry, you are right, you can not enter a value manually in FX Pro.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes