Stragtegy and Indicator Developmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stragtegy and Indicator Developmen

Hi everyone but can anyone explain to me in basic terms how I can go about developing the following or point me to where in the literature I can find assistance

Lets say I want to trade S&P500 futures based on movements in other instruments such as The Dow Jones or Nasdaq

eg I want to go long the S&P500 future whenever the nasdaq goes above its 10 period simple moving average AND The Dow Jones also moves above its 10 period moving average

Conversely I want to go short when the Nasdaq AND the Dow both go below that moving average

I assume what I need to do first is develop indicators based on The Nasdaq and Dow futures crossing above and below their moving averages and then use these to develop the strategy for buying and selling the S&P 500 future

This is a simple example but the end goal would be to trade a specific instrument (like the s&P500 future above) using up to 8 other instruments when they all cross above or below their moving averages (some may need to go above and some may need t go below for the primary instrument to be traded long or short) and I want to be able to set the moving average periods for each of those instruments too

I just cant seem to work out how to use an instruments movements as an indicator to trade another one

Anyhelp would be appreciated

Hello Hdemet,

Thank you for your post.

You can use the Add() Method to add additional data series or instruments to the script so you can then get data for them and calculate as needed.

Below is a link that will go over the starting concept for this -
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many Thanks

I shall try and create something that I can use but as a complete idiot it will be fun seeing the final outcome

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post cre8able  
      Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post fiddich