Account Group limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Group limits

Assuming there is one broker and all accounts are at the same broker, what is the maximum number of accounts that can or recommended be in an account group?

How can you find out what each account or a single account did performance wise?

Is there any way to submit an order with a different number of contracts for a single group account?

Sorry for all the stupid questions but I couldn't find a fact sheet for multi broker on the ninja site.

Cheers

Cliff

Hello,

Whether your accounts are at a single brokerage or multiple brokerages, there is no limit on the number of accounts that can be added to an account group. This gives you the maximum flexibility in setting up your account groups.

You can view performance for individual accounts via the "Accounts" filter in the advanced options of the Account Performance tab. If you click the "Advanced>>" button in the Account Performance tab, you can select individual or multiple accounts to examine.

Can you please clarify your next question a bit? You can submit orders for any quantity allowed by your brokerage(s) when using group accounts.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Dave

Thanks for the reply.

If I have 3 accounts in a group is is possible to submit an order for 2 of the accounts to specify 1 contract and the other 2 contracts? The documentation said all the orders had to be same. Just seeing if I had any leeway.

Cheers

Cliff

Comment

Hello,

There is currently no leeway there. However, you might consider creating additional account groups to separate them out in different ways. A single account can be in multiple account groups, so you could have one group with all three, then another group with just two, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
          Hello,

There is currently no leeway there. However, you might consider creating additional account groups to separate them out in different ways. A single account can be in multiple account groups, so you could have one group with all three, then another group with just two, for example.
          Does that imply that you can establish groups of groups? For example, if I want to trade three times the size in Account A than in B, can I create a Group AB, then create a new group C with A and AB? Sending a 4 lot trade to such a group would apportion 3 contracts to A and 1 to B.

Thanks.

dwt__

PS. I haven't heard about any enhancements to account groups in NT8. Hopefully, considerably more flexibility has been baked into the new version.

Comment

Hello,

That sounds like a good idea, but that will not be possible currently with the way that account groups work. You can only select from individual accounts to add to a group.

In addition to this suggestion, if you would like to articulate some other specific ideas that you have for account groups in NinjaTrader 8, I'll be happy to submit the suggestions to our development team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses