Is there an easy way to toggle between charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an easy way to toggle between charts

I trade with 2 charts on one monitor. If I want to look at the other chart, I go to the task bar and hover on the Ninja Trader icon, which then displays all the open windows along the bottom of my screen (control center, chart 1, chart 2, and the Super Dom), and I click on the other chart to make it come up. I would prefer if there was an easier way to access the second chart. A toggle switch, so the speak. Is there?

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Outside of putting these charts in separate workspaces and using the default "Next Workspace" HotKey to toggle the open workspaces, this would not be possible. However, I an absolutely add this as a feature request to be considered as a potential add-on in future releases.

More information on working with HotKeys:
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

BackColor

Hi,

is there a way to draw sort of BackColor Horizontzal Line??

I want to draw and keep a DrawLine object in the region where all drawing objects are removed,so the line draws and immediately removes.But,the vertical Line,using BackColor method,is there.

So,is there a workaround to draw ''BackColor Horizontal Line''??

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

One note on your original question, to quickly switch between two windows in Microsoft Windows, you can use the following keyboard commands:

Hold ALT and press Tab to cycle forward through open applications.
        Hold ALT and press SHIFT + TAB to cycle backwards through open programs.

For your second question,

Can you please provide additional details on this portion of your question:
        I want to draw and keep a DrawLine object in the region where all drawing objects are removed,
        You can create indicators that Draw any of the Drawing Objects you use on the chart, with some clarification I would be able to assist in providing what information you may need to accomplish this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, I will try that technique for toggling between two windows. The other question wasn't mine. It was someone who hijacked my thread.

Comment

I tried the ALT + TAB, and the ALT Shift+TAB. It works for windows. (e.g., Yahoo email and Facebook). But for whatever reason it doesn't work for charts. I closed out the Yahoo and Facebook windows, and only had my control center and two charts running. But the technique didn't work. I can hook up a second monitor. But having already tried it, I don't like having to watch 2 monitors. It's easier to watch both charts on the same monitor. Perhaps I will try the workspace idea that Drew has.

Comment

Originally posted by patpat View Post
              I tried the ALT + TAB, and the ALT Shift+TAB. It works for windows. (e.g., Yahoo email and Facebook). But for whatever reason it doesn't work for charts. I closed out the Yahoo and Facebook windows, and only had my control center and two charts running. But the technique didn't work. I can hook up a second monitor. But having already tried it, I don't like having to watch 2 monitors. It's easier to watch both charts on the same monitor. Perhaps I will try the workspace idea that Drew has.
              ALT + TAB certainly works for me with charts (using Windows 7).

Keep your thumb pressed down on ALT and use the TAB to toggle.

In W7 & 8, you can use the Windows key (the one between CTRL and ALT) and TAB for another view of your open windows.

Comment

Thanks, I was doing it wrong. I was pressing Control and Tab. When I pressed Alt and Tab I was able to scroll through all my open windows. However, when I pressed the Windows key and Tab, nothing happened. Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by patpat View Post
                  I trade with 2 charts on one monitor. If I want to look at the other chart, I go to the task bar and hover on the Ninja Trader icon, which then displays all the open windows along the bottom of my screen (control center, chart 1, chart 2, and the Super Dom), and I click on the other chart to make it come up. I would prefer if there was an easier way to access the second chart. A toggle switch, so the speak. Is there?
                  Ungroup your task bar. Then each will have an chart is on the task bar.

Right click the task bar...in a clean area... choose properties...
                  then the taskbar options... probably combine when full will suffice your situation, else use NEVER combine.

(you can always auto hide taskbar, and make it bigger).

(windows 7... not sure what happens after that).

Comment

Yesterday I just found this software by chance: http://windowtabs.com/tabbed-ninjatrader
                    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSE3qaCMk3w

Maybe of your interest. $19 for a lifetime license is super cool for this useful tool.

I'm neither the guy behind that site nor their affiliate Just found the site via google.

Cheers.
                    Pi
                    ninZa
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Comment

Originally posted by ninZa View Post
                      Yesterday I just found this software by chance: http://windowtabs.com/tabbed-ninjatrader

Maybe of your interest. $19 for a lifetime license is super cool for this useful tool.

I'm neither the guy behind that site nor their affiliate Just found the site via google.

Cheers.
                      Pi
                      I bought it long time ago.It seems that it has a lot of glitches.Moreso its support sucks real bad as the nt support,almost.

Comment

free one

Originally posted by ninZa View Post

Cheers.
                        Pi
                        here is a free tab utility you can try

Comment

Originally posted by outsource View Post
                          I bought it long time ago.It seems that it has a lot of glitches.Moreso its support sucks real bad as the nt support,almost.
                          Really that?

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
                          here is a free tab utility you can try
                          http://www.caseagainstfaith.com/tabm...b-utility.html
                          Hope this alternative is stable

Pi
                          Last edited by ninZa; 04-14-2015, 07:25 PM.
                          ninZa
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Comment

That's a great help... to uncombine the task bar. Never knew that was possible. So much easier than hovering over the Ninja Trader icon waiting for the charts to come up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post cre8able  
                            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby