Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck on loading ES 06-15 ETH chart/data

Hi,
    I have a chart of ES 06-15 and it's working fine. However, when I change the session settings to ETH the chart won't load.

Also, here's an example from Market Analyzer window. I get prices okay, but if I add any indicator (in this example, Previous Day close), and I set the session to ETH, it's stuck on loading ES, and none of the indicators will load.

When I change a chart settings to ETH I also sometimes get a message that DB for ES 06-15 is corrupted and a suggestion to reload all historical data.

I deleted the data from the db folder, and I clicked reload but it get stuck again.

Not sure if it's a problem with NT or Kinetick.

EDIT: I just realized that I'm having the same problem with NQ 06-15. Here's the message I get when I try to change the chart from RTH to ETH.

I then see the status message: Loading data... NQ 06-15 (3/23/2015-4/11/2015) and it's just stays that way. The chart says Loading data... and it's not updating.

Going to Tools -> Historical Data -> Reload, doesn't make any difference.
    Last edited by benharper; 04-13-2015, 01:12 AM. Reason: more info

Hello benharper,

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Transfer (cut & paste) the tick, minute, day and cache folders to your desktop. These folders contain all historical data.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to Kinetick. All data will now be loaded anew. Check if the error persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi Jason, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm still having the same problem even immediately after deleting tick/min/day/cache folders. Both in NQ and ES. I get the same corrupted data message. In fact, I just checked and I get this message for other instruments as well, for example AAPL.

It happens when I change the chart session to US Equities ETH. If I use Default 24/5 it works fine, so it looks like the issue is with this specific session template.

Comment

Do you select the 'US Equities ETH' session template in the ES and NQ charts as well?

I am not able to reproduce it on my end so far. Did you shut down NinjaTrader before you deleted the folders?

Try the following. Shut down NinjaTrader and transfer the tick, minute, day and cache folders once more.

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces and delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to Kinetick. Create a brand new ES 06-15 chart and check if the issue remains.

You can open your workspaces one by one at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace.

Comment

I still have the same issue.

Here's a short video (mp4) of reproducing the error:

steps:
          1. NT is closed, historical data is deleted, workspace.xml is delete
          2. Open NT
          3. Create ES 06-15 chart
          4. Chart opens fine
          5. Go to Date Series (CTRL+F)
          6. Change session template to ETH
          7. Get error

Comment

Thank you for providing the video. Unfortunately I still cannot reproduce it on my end using these steps.

Can you please check what NinjaTrader version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->Help (7.0.1000.xx). If you do not have our latest version (7.0.1000.27), please download and install it. You can download and install the latest NinjaTrader version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when installing the new version.

Please do not distribute this link to anyone else.

What times and time zone is used for the US Equities ETH session template on your end? Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. Select the US Equities ETH template to check its times and time zone.

Please tell me what time zone is used by your PC clock as well.

Do you experience any issues if you select the CME US Index Futures RTH/ETH template?

Comment

I had version .26 so I used the link to upgrade to .27

This is how the ETH looks in the Session manager:

Each day appears 3 times, maybe that's the issue?

My PC uses UTC+2.
              Using CME US Index Futures RTH/ETH works fine. No errors. I guess I can use this instead.

Also, now that I discovered Session Manager, can I remove all the sessions I'm not using?

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I recommend to use the CME US Index Futures RTH/ETH for the ES and NQ. These futures instruments trade as per the times of these session templates. The US Equities RTH/ETH is used for stocks such as AAPL.

The times you have listed for the US Equities ETH template are as expected.

You could remove session templates if you like, but I do not see any benefit. The Session Manager lists all the session templates available by default in NinjaTrader. It does not hurt to have them in NinjaTrader. You might want to use a different instrument in the future which uses a session template you currently do not use.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Thank you for clarifying.

The US Equities RTH/ETH is used for stocks such as AAPL.
                  Looks like I'm still having an issue with equity ETH. Any other ideas I can try?

Comment

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Open the tick, minute or day folder (depending on what type of chart you use).

Select the folders for the stocks in question and delete them.

Delete the cache folder within the db folder.

Start NinjaTrader and check if data loads without getting corrupted.

Comment

Hi Jason,
                      How is that different from what we tried earlier? You can see in my video link and the steps that I wrote that I already delete all tick/minute/day/cache folders. So maybe I'm missing something in your instructions.

Can you please clarify? Thanks.

Comment

Hello benharper,

I still cannot reproduce the issue on my end. I changed my PC clock to UTC +2 and removed all historical data I had. When I create an AAPL chart and select the US Equities ETH session template, it loads data without issue.

Can you please send me your log and trace files so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, Stuck on loading ES 06-15 ETH chart/data' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Do you experience the corrupted historical data with each stock and the US Equities ETH template or is it limited to certain stocks?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
                        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes