Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range bar charts

Hi,

I'm part of a group that uses Tradestation (and Range bars) as a trading platform for futures. I have a demo Ninjatrader at the moment and would like to keep using it to trade with the group. However, the bars on Ninja don't plot the same as on Tradestation. They're offset or even totally different sometimes( with the same range ). It makes it very difficult to follow everyone else's set up that are on Tradestation. I'm talking about range bars here. Can someone tell me why this is?
    Thanks

Hello miketrem,

Range bars in NinjaTrader may be started differently than TradeStation.

With NinjaTrader a new bar begins forming when you load or reload a chart. Also a new bar will start after a session break.

Because of this, the size of the range bars may be different when compared to a different platform.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.
      I understand what you're saying but the fact is that the open of a range bar is suppose to be equal to the close of the preceding bar. All the bars (all but maybe one here and there) are offset by one tick. So they open 1 tick above the preceding bar. It makes it a little messy and defeats the purpose of range bars. It is much harder to recognize set-ups. I thought something could be done...

Second point: where can I look in the HELP menu (or anywhere that explains it ) to learn how to change the settings (parameters) with the axis ( hours increments at the horizontal and prices at vertical ) ?.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by miketrem View Post
        Thank you for your quick reply.
        I understand what you're saying but the fact is that the open of a range bar is suppose to be equal to the close of the preceding bar. All the bars (all but maybe one here and there) are offset by one tick. So they open 1 tick above the preceding bar. It makes it a little messy and defeats the purpose of range bars. It is much harder to recognize set-ups. I thought something could be done...
        Sometimes there are gaps because of no trades there.
        You might want to search for no gap range bars for NT.

Comment

Hello miketrem,

There are no settings to control the interval of the time or price margins. These intervals are made automatically by NinjaTrader as you adjust your chart.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes