Line Break trading system that works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line Break trading system that works

Hey gang, I have trying this system for a while with fairly good results, so I just wanted to share. I discovered the line break charting method about a year ago and figured out pretty quickly that you could get nearly perfect results in the back testing but could never quite duplicate these in the market replay or live trading. I have gone through about 200 different recipies if you will and here is what works most of the time for me.

Line break Chart with 25 ticks and a break of 5. I use this mostly on the Dow. The entry signals are the changes in bar color at the end of one trend / beginning of a new trend. I have a moving average of like 50 to try to filter out minor trends, so I only trade changes and only trade with the major trends. For my exits I use a 10 point profit target and for safety I use a 25 point trailing stop.

That's it. I works fairly well overall but tends to do better in the morning hours. Just about every system looses money after lunch when all the lazy bankers drop out and only retail traders are left directionlessly hacking around.

Let me know your thoughts if you try this, or if you have any questions.

Really depends on how you came up with this parameters... Could very likely be over fitting. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by iantg View Post
      Hey gang, I have trying this system for a while with fairly good results, so I just wanted to share. I discovered the line break charting method about a year ago and figured out pretty quickly that you could get nearly perfect results in the back testing but could never quite duplicate these in the market replay or live trading. I have gone through about 200 different recipies if you will and here is what works most of the time for me.

Let me know your thoughts if you try this, or if you have any questions.
      You should search the forums here and read up on linebreak chart and back testing.

It will lead to posts like this:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post Jltarrau  
      Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes