Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limit entry - NT script

Hello,

I want to ask please how I can manage my limit entries when I want to have running a NT-script-strategy once the entry is done. Is there a possibility to do the limit in the chart-window where the script strategy is running? Or if not possible in same charrt, might it be possible to do the limit entry in another window with chart trader and then the script strategy is running in another window?

Thanks
    Tony

Hello,

We highly recommend that you not manually modify orders placed by your strategy, or even place manual orders to the same instrument while the strategy is running, although it is certainly possible to do so. If you do this, your strategy position can easily become out of sync with your actual account position, which can cause a range of unexpected results.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

A.) I do not manually modify orders.

Maybe I have asked incorrectly 8?) with my english. Not to modify, but to enter I mean.

I asked how to do an entry with limit and then having the strategy running. (and not modify once it is running)

Is there a possibility please?

B.) I had done this question or similar to this about 2-3 years ago and I remember that a collegue sent me a link of a NT-partner who offers a tool to give a value as a limit entry. But I had computer crash in the meantime, I do not remember who it was who sent me the reply nor the partner. Any chance to get it?

Thank you
      Tony

Thank you
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
      Hello,

We highly recommend that you not manually modify orders placed by your strategy, or even place manual orders to the same instrument while the strategy is running, although it is certainly possible to do so. If you do this, your strategy position can easily become out of sync with your actual account position, which can cause a range of unexpected results.

Last edited by tonynt; 04-15-2015, 12:23 PM. Reason: translating error

Comment

Hello,

We recommend that you do not even place manual entry orders to the same instrument while the strategy is running, although it is certainly possible to do so. If you do this, your strategy position can easily become out of sync with your actual account position, which can cause a range of unexpected results.

I have heard of that add-on, as well, although I have not used it personally. Perhaps another user will run across this thread and post a link. Please note that even though this functionality can be accomplished with a custom add-on, we still recommend against it.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. In the SampleAtmStrategy there is
          AtmStrategyCreate(Cbi.OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Limit, Low[0], 0, TimeInForce.Day, orderId, "AtmStrategyTemplate", atmStrategyId);

How can I change so that it is not Low[0] but it is the limit I put in the chart with chart-trader?

Thank you
          Tony

Comment

Hello,

There is not a way to accomplish this specifically, although it may be possible with extensive custom coding. However, you could create a strategy that would allow you to enter a price or number of ticks in the Strategies window by defining a public property, and you could then use that variable in the call to AtmStrategyCreate().

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I have already joined the script-strategy with ATM.

How can I please enter a price that I can use as variable then? Reading the keyboard?

Thank you
              Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
              Hello,

There is not a way to accomplish this specifically, although it may be possible with extensive custom coding. However, you could create a strategy that would allow you to enter a price or number of ticks in the Strategies window by defining a public property, and you could then use that variable in the call to AtmStrategyCreate().

Comment

Hello,

I've attached a sample script that will show you how to set this up. With this setup, the "MyProperty" property will be accessible in the Strategies window. Please let me know if I can assist further.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply!

Isn´t it possible to have the limit order with plotting a line as in chart trader instead of disabling strategy, filling in the value in the properties window and then enable again?

When one can refer in a script to an ATM and the stops of that ATM, isn´t it then possible also to refer in a script to a certain limit entry of an ATM?

Thank you
                  Tony

Comment

Hello,

Although it is theoretically possible to detect the price level of a horizontal line and use it to set a a price point in code, it cannot be done right out of the box, and it would require extensive custom coding. The same would apply to detecting price points of orders placed manually with an ATM strategy. Both of these things sound possible, but you would need to work with a very experienced programmer to create something custom.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Max238
                    by Max238

Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                    3 responses