Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures charts won't load

Hello,
    I am new to ninja trader, trying to test out the software for auto trading futures with a free license.I an getting my data feed from TDAmeritrade.

I can load a chart for a stock but even if I try and add a default further from the list like ES 06-15 nothing will appear.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a known problem faith the futures data from TDAmeritrade that will not work with ninja trader?

Thanks for any assistance or advice.

Brian

Hello Brian,

Unfortunately TD Ameritrade does not support futures data in NinjaTrader. See the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

You can apply for a free NinjaTrader Continuum connection at the link below which does provide data for futures.
    NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason.

So can I assume ninja trader will not auto trade futures on my TDAmeritrade account even if I am pulling data from somewhere else?

Regards
      Brian

Comment

TD Ameritrade does not support futures data. I am not sure what happens if you receive futures data from a different connection in NinjaTrader and you try to submit futures orders to TD Ameritrade. As long as you do not have your TD Ameritrade account selected in the order entry window that contains futures, you will not trade your TD Ameritrade account.

Comment

Jason thanks,

I am a little confused by your reply. I can see that multiple feeds and brokers can be used at the same time.

I guess my question now is does Ninja Trader have the ability to enter futures orders to TDAmeritrade?
          regards
          Brian
          Last edited by Briansstocks; 04-16-2015, 02:36 AM. Reason: Found some information

Comment

Yes, you can connect to a data feed provider (Kinetick, IQFeed, BarChart or eSignal) first in NinjaTrader and secondly to your broker. You now receive realtime data from the first connection. You can select your live account in NinjaTrader and trade because you are connected to your broker as well.

You do not program this. You just connect to two connections simultaneously at Control Center-->File-->Connect.

Comment

thanks Jason,

Where I am located I would not be able to change brokers. I have no problem in using a different data feed and had planned on it when I moved to live automated trading.

Just to confirm though. ninja trader does have the ability to enter futures orders on TDAmeritrade even though it has to pull the data from another feed source?

regards
              brian

Comment

I did some research and unfortunately futures trading is not supported with TD Ameritrade. Even if you receive futures data from a different connection in NinjaTrader.

Comment

thanks Jason,

Is that something that can be solved with writing a script or is this going to be an issue that can't be solved because of TDAmeritrade?

Regards
                  Brian

Comment

Unfortunately this cannot be solved with a NinjaScript file. We only support stock trading with TD Ameritrade.

Comment

Thanks again Jason,

Looks like I have no choice but to use a different software or a different broker.

Regards
                      Brian

Comment

You can find supported broker partners at the link below.
                        NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

FXCM and TD Ameritrade do not support futures trading in NinjaTrader. The other brokers listed do support futures trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes