Loading continuous contract with MergeBackAdjusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading continuous contract with MergeBackAdjusted

I have a question about loading contracts with NT's "on the fly" rollover feature using MergeBackAdjusted option. For example, I'm trying to load ES between 1/1/2006 to 12/31/2006. The rollover dates are defined for ES in the Instrument Manager. I load a 5-Range chart starting with 03-06 contract, but it does not roll forward. It only loads 03-06 and the chart ends on the March rollover date... it does not continuously load other contracts for the rest of the range of the chart. What am I doing wrong?

Hello*risingfire,

Charts will not rollover forward.

The MergeBackAdjusted setting will only impact historical data.

To receive data for a 06-15 contract you will need to have the contract month selected. *Historical data for the 03-15 will be loaded from the rollover date back.

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts.

From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
    Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date

To view a video demonstration of a futures rollover, please view the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ky...140D7&index=10
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah, okay; thank you. Instead of loading the first contract in the date range, I loaded the last contract and the entire range loaded and back adjusted correctly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920