Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader failed to send order and locked up NT

Multi-connection - #1 Rithmic, #2 TDA.
    ATM Strategy custom strategy may or may not have been configured.

Anyways - I hit "Buy Market" button.

I get a TDA Error - KEEPALIVE.
    I did not dismiss this message, as my mouse was on the "ok" button to submit order. I clicked that.

Then nothing really happened. I couldn't cancel or access any NT window.
    I could not do anything to the charts - minimize, no moving. clicking on them would cause windows vista to "Ding" at me.

I could no dismiss the error message either.
    I contacted my broker who said nothing was submitted and nothing pending.

I was originally concerned that I clicked the chart to bring it forward ahead of the OK/Cancel trade confirmation...but after seeing the log file - I definitely clicked OK.

The charts continued to run and process though without issue. I just had no access to them.

When I got home, I had to END TASK NinjaTrader to get control of my system.

So it appears there is some sort of untested bug with an error message being present on the screen - and a chart trader order being submitted, with or without custom atm strategy. (Maybe it tried to warn me that I didn't have stops/targets set and that's where it got hung up?).

Here are the log files I could dig up:

log file:

4/16/2015 9:43:14 AM|0|2|TDA: ERROR: HTTP call failed: KEEPALIVE
    4/16/2015 9:43:17 AM|1|32|Submitting order by chart trader direct entry

trace filenothing about any orders)

2015-04-16 09:43:14:314 (TDA) Tda.Callback.StatusChangeCallback: connection.PriceStatus=Connected oldStatus=Running newStatus=KeepAliveValid
    2015-04-16 09:43:14:316 (TDA) Tda.Callback.MessageCallback: msg='ERROR: HTTP call failed: KEEPALIVE'
    2015-04-16 09:43:14:820 (TDA) Tda.Callback.StatusChangeCallback: connection.PriceStatus=Connected oldStatus=KeepAliveValid newStatus=Running

2015-04-16 10:33:38:360 (TDA) Tda.Callback.StatusChangeCallback: connection.PriceStatus=Connected oldStatus=Running newStatus=KeepAliveInvalid

I know this is a "minor bug" and NT 7 is near end of life for these type of fixes.. I just hope it doesn't get into NT 8.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150416.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150416.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM