Set alert on price level on chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set alert on price level on chart?

Is there any way to set alert when price level gets hit on chart?

Hello ssg10,

Thanks for your post.

With NinjaTrader there is an indicator called PriceAlert that can be used to set a visible line (configurable) on the chart and when touched by price it will issue an alert message (to the alerts window, File>New>Alerts) and issue a sound. You can re-position the line on chart and it will re-arm.

The indicator can be found by right-mouse click on chart and select "indicators" then scroll through the list of indicators. You can add multiple occurrences of the indicator if you want to set multiple levels.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any way to configure this price alert? For example I would like to open a pop-up with a message or send an email or change the sound. This is relevant if I have this alert on multiple charts and like to do different things if they are triggered.
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by arthtrader View Post
        Is there any way to configure this price alert? For example I would like to open a pop-up with a message or send an email or change the sound. This is relevant if I have this alert on multiple charts and like to do different things if they are triggered.
        Thanks.
        For a Pop-Up use -
        MessageBox.Show("My Message will go here");
        Will require that you add using System.Windows.Forms; to your declarations section
        https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...vs.110%29.aspx

For email use -
        SendMail() method that is built into NinjaTrader
        Ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...l?sendmail.htm

If you want to change the sound there are multiple ones available in the C:\Program Files(x86)\NinjaTrader 7\Sounds folder. If you want to add additional sounds you can do this, just ensure that they are PCM Wav format files and load them into the same sounds folder.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...html?alert.htm

Comment

Hello arthtrader,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader Forums.

As member Calonious has written there are multiple ways to accomplish your goals however the first two require some programming modifications to the indicator.

If you do not want to do that the next best alternative is to make use of the alerts window (File>New>Alerts) to centralize your alerts messages from the various charts. When you hear an alert just scan the alerts window to point you to the instrument/chart(s) that is generating the alert.

Again welcome to the forums!

Comment

Email Alerts

Ive set my GMAIL up with Ninja and I receive these emails fine but when I set an alarm only a beep occurs, how do I get it to send an email once my alarm line has been hit?

Comment

Hello Chris9999999,

Thanks for your post.

Unless the indicator you are using has been created with e-mail output it will not send an e-mail. If you are using the Ninjatrader indicator PriceAlert, it does not provide e-mail capability.

If you are comfortable coding you can modify the indicator to provide this capability.

You might search through the forums file sharing section to see if a similar indicator with the capability already exists.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post frankthearm  
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes