Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LineBreak charts looking different between live and historical data

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has any experience with, or can help explain, what I am noticing happening to my charts when I use 1min 3 break LineBreak charts. I am sorry but I don't have any comparison pictures to post, but I can describe it for you somewhat: my live charts from leaving the program running all day will have various green bars and red bars, but then when I reload it and it's reconstructed as historical data, many of the bars are altered and what was once a green/red chop will turn into a smooth run of all green bars instead and the pivots are being illustrated very differently and much smother than how they were shown in the original live charts.

I've found in the past that the LineBreak charts can have errors when plotting Forex data when TenthPip/HalfPip settings aren't right, but I am totally unsure why red bars interrupting a run up would disappear in historical data. Again, does anyone have any experience with it or any insight?

Thanks!

Hello RunnrX,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument(s) have you selected? If a futures instrument, what expiry is selected? (Example: ES 06-13)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Thank you!

I am using 7.0.1000.14
      The data feed is from MB Trading
      The instrument was $EURUSD
      There are no on-screen or log errors.

The only way to tell that something is wrong is that I made note of some particular bars before reloading live data to historical data, and then after reloading a few of the single red/green bars disappeared and were replaced by what looked like smooth trendy runs without interrupting bars. My only speculation so far is that it has something to do with the time stamping of the 1 minute intervals differing between my local computer clock and the way they're stamped in the historical data

Comment

Hi RunnrX,

Thanks for the reply.

You are currently using an outdated and unsupported version of NinjaTrader. Please upgrade to the latest version and we can troubleshoot from there if the issue still occurs.

To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow these steps:
        • Locate and copy your license key, Under Control Center > Help > License Key
        • Control Center > Help > Download Site
        • Shut Down NinjaTrader
        • Paste your License Key in the License Key Field > Download
        • Download version, NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.27
        • Once downloaded, please launch the Installer by Double Clicking
        • After the installer has finished, you may start NinjaTrader

Comment

Even before updating I haven't noticed the problem occurring anymore, so I'm less concerned. I'll update and so forth but I'll consider the problem gone unless I see it again, in which case I'll mention it on this same thread for followup and completion.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses