Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFD-strategy test in progress

Hello esteemed panel ,

I'm currently testing a strategy I recently developped. I would like to achieve the best possible result and therefor I'm looking to include the commission into the backtesting. I use FXCM as broker an they have a 0.08 $ return commisssion (so 0.04 $ one-way) Do I just add this to the tools/options/commission tab under "currency - FXCM" ? Will it then be kept into account on every open/close my strategy calculates ?

Also, I want to trade CFD's. I like to 'play' with lot sizes that cost me 100 euro's. Is there a way to set NT's chart trader up so that it opens positions that are always around 100 euro (before FXCM applies the leverage) or do I manually have to calculate the lot sizes myself (i.e.: leverage on USD/EUR is 1:100 so if I want to risk 100 euro, I would have to buy 10 1k lots)

Thanks for helping out !!

Hello,

You are correct about the commissions. As long as you have "Apply Commission to PnL Calculation" checked in the General tab of the Options window, the Strategy Analyzer will automatically apply the commissions in its PnL calculations, and display them in the Trades tab.

There is not a way to automatically adjust lot sizes to risk a certain currency value. However, it should be possible to set up a custom script that will calculate the correct lot size based on the pip value, then display it on your chart for your reference.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post TradeForge  
    Started by aprilfool, 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes