Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Have I granted access to support of my files ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I granted access to support of my files ever?

Hi Ninjas,

This is a subject that I didn't know at all, and still a quite important one.

I was told that actually, for support purposes, I could grant access to my personal scripts or code of my pc. I don't remember ever having do this, however I'd like to know what is my actual "Status" in your registers. Despite I'm a little unimportant developer, still I want to be sure that my work in my pc is secured and nobody has granted access to it.

Can any of support team give me a hint ?

Thanks a lot

Hello pstrusi,
    Thanks for posting today.

When you create NinjaScript indicators or strategies on your PC they are only stored locally on your PC.

Unless you send or upload your indicators to a forum or through an email we do not have access to any of your indicators on your local PC.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance for anything NinjaTrader.
    Alex G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
      Hi Ninjas,

This is a subject that I didn't know at all, and still a quite important one.

I was told that actually, for support purposes, I could grant access to my personal scripts or code of my pc. I don't remember ever having do this, however I'd like to know what is my actual "Status" in your registers. Despite I'm a little unimportant developer, still I want to be sure that my work in my pc is secured and nobody has granted access to it.

Can any of support team give me a hint ?

Thanks a lot
      Barring a hack, nobody has access to your computer.

The only time that NT support has remote access to your computer is if you explicitly arrange for them to have it using their branded TeamViewer support module. If you have never made that arrangement, then they have never accessed your computer.

Even if you have ever made that arrangement in the past, they cannot access your computer again, unless and until you make a new arrangement, as the access credentials change every single time that the remote access module is run, and you have to explicitly let the remote accessor know the correct credentials for that particular run, or no access can take place.

Comment

Thanks Koganam for that useful information. This forum and its people are just great, an excellent tool for solving difficult situations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920