Time on charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time on charts

I have a strategy that is driven completely off first tick of a bar. To debug and generally see what I'm doing, I use the Output Window and tag the output with time now: Time[0] which is always the time of first tick.

The time displayed on the charts is the time of last tick of bar. I have to go through mental gymnastics to correlate the chart with the Output Window. Can the displayed chart time be changed to first tick instead of last tick?

Thanks!

Originally posted by epcompany View Post
    I have a strategy that is driven completely off first tick of a bar. To debug and generally see what I'm doing, I use the Output Window and tag the output with time now: Time[0] which is always the time of first tick.

The time displayed on the charts is the time of last tick of bar. I have to go through mental gymnastics to correlate the chart with the Output Window. Can the displayed chart time be changed to first tick instead of last tick?

Thanks!
    It cannot. Bar time is the end of the bar. It also corresponds to the beginning of the next bar. Ergo, use Time[1], and you also get the beginning time of Bar[0].

Comment

Hello epcompany,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the timestamp cannot be changed. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post maybeimnotrader