candlestick indicator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

candlestick indicator question

hi, i am using the bearish engulfing and bullish engulfing from indicator that comes with ninja7. the bearish colors the bar Black... while the bullish colors the bar white or transparent. I am unable to change the color that the bar becomes when the pattern occurs.
    if i got to the indicator properties under plots, i can see where i can change the color, but doing so doesnt change the color of the bar on the chart ?
    is there a way to change the color that the candle becomes when the pattern is evident ?

thanks,,

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

What is the name of this indicator? I am unable to locate this among the native indicators within NinjaTrader 7.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the name is "CandleStick Pattern" sorry i was sure it came with ninja7.. there are about 25 or 30 patterns to choose from .

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150426.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150426.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

all that just to get the bars to paint the right color...

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps I misunderstood. Are you asking how to change the colors of the bars on a chart? This can be done by right-clicking within the chart and selecting "Data Series". Inside this menu, you can edit the parameters for "Color for up bars" and "Color for down bars".

More information on this topic below:

Comment

no, not all the bars, only the ones colored by the candlestick pattern indicator would color. and i believe it was an indicator that came with ninja7. i read some other posts where they talked about the candlestick pattern indicator as part of the ninja7 package. but you dont see the indicator in your package.?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I am also able to replicate this on my side. Because of this, and because I am unfamiliar with this indicator, I will gather further information from a member of the NinjaScript team in regards to this matter.

I will follow up with you as soon as further information is available. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by lightfoot500 View Post
                  no, not all the bars, only the ones colored by the candlestick pattern indicator would color. and i believe it was an indicator that came with ninja7. i read some other posts where they talked about the candlestick pattern indicator as part of the ninja7 package. but you dont see the indicator in your package.?
                  You would have to make a copy of the indicator and edit it to expose the parameters that you want to be able to change. Or you could just change the colors directly in your new copy.

Comment

yes, thanks, it has been a while since i did any editing and compiling... maybe i will try to do that later on.

Comment

someone over at BigMikes was able to direct me to what i believe is the "corrected" version of this indicator available on ninja's download. i havent tried it yet. but here is the link to it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully that one works out and accomplishes what you are looking for.
                        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

NO. my mistake. all this indicator does is display all the candle patterns at once... and the UP patterns are transparent, and the down patterns are black.. but i believe it is created by ninjatrader. how about you guys fixing it for us? it would be nice if all the patterns worked and we could turn the label on and off and we could make the candles that are part of the pattern turn a specific color...? thanks

Comment

programming question

so i am trying to make a copy of the original CandleStick Pattern indicator but have a compiling error. i am doing this since my copy of the indicator is locked and i cant go into the script and change the colors.... i am not sure how to fix the compiling error. any suggestions.
                            hopefully the attached will show the problem.
                            thanks.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by lightfoot500; 04-28-2015, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Although there is a pre-loaded CandleStickPattern indicator, it appears that the one in your link was created/modified by a forum user.

Have you copied the code from the indicator, then pasted it into a new indicator to make your modifications? If so, the error in your screenshot probably indicates that you are trying to define that public enum with the same name as the one in the other version of the code. Changing the name of the enum should resolve the error.

If not, please let me know, and I will investigate further.
                              Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post f.saeidi  
                              Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes