Stop limit order as entry: Fill issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop limit order as entry: Fill issues

I am aware that fills in the live trading market place depend on many factors. In an attempt to limit negative slippage upon entry into a market, I employ the Stop Limit Order on the Superdom. I have a few questions:

1) I set my Stop Limit order with an offset of "1". However, I am getting fills that are several points away from my entry point. I took a Gold trade this morning at 1206.8 buy....my buy was filled at 1207.4. How is this possible? Shouldn't the trade have been skipped, as I could not be filled at 1206.8 or 1206.9?

2) Is there a tutorial that explains exactly what a Stop Limit order is on NinjaTrader, and its functionality?

3) What I am trying to accomplish with my entry points is much like the old pit days when a trader would put out a "fill or kill" order to the pit......if the order can not be filled at the specified price at a specific time, then it is "killed" or cancelled. Is there any way that I can accomplish this on NinjaTrader?

Any help here is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hello,
    Thanks for posting today.

1) To look into what occurred please send me your log and trace for today.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
    Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1305911 Alex G.

2) Here is a link to our help guide describing how to submit orders in the SuperDOM. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...x.html?sub.htm Locate the How to submite a stop limit order tab. Here there is an explanation and example of how a stop limit works.

3) This would require custom NinjaScript programming to develop a strategy to accomplish this.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance for anything NinjaTrader.
    Alex G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, I sent the logs. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Jon17
      by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
      0 responses