Trendlines not showing up on smaller timeframes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendlines not showing up on smaller timeframes

I am trying to place some trendlines onto a daily time frame. I would like to be able to see these trendlines on smaller time frames. They seem to show up on the 60min and 5min time frames but below that they disappear. This includes changing the time frame of the same chart or looking at different time frame charts of the same instrument. The lines are set to show on all charts and show global objects is set to true. Not sure whats going on here.

see attachments
    Attached Files

Hello uspilotzzz,

If the anchor points are further than one chart space outside of the chart, the line will not appear.

May I confirm that the anchor points on the smaller time frames are within one chart length outside of the chart?

(If you scroll to the anchor point does the line appear?)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no matter where any of the three anchor points are it still does not show up on the 5 min chart

Comment

Ok so I have been messing with it more, and I put the furthest anchor point to the right within a day of the current day.

I found that if I move the chart along the x axis (left and right) the trendline I put on the daily chart will show up and disappear. It seems to depend on where exactly I position the chart. (I didnt move the chart around before the last post which is why I didnt see it)

Another daily trend line I put lower on the chart shows up just fine. Im not sure what the difference is.

In addition when I move the last anchor point further in the past (to the left) the trendline will disappear on the 5min chart.

Does this mean that if I want to keep trendlines from my daily time frame showing up on my 5min charts I have to constantly be adjusting the anchor points close to the current day?

Comment

Hello uspilotzzz,

For now this does mean you will need to move the anchor points to within the acceptable chart length to see the lines.

However, this is corrected with soon to be released NinjaTrader 8 and the lines will remain persistent when scaling down the interval.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post andrewtrades  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes