Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 refuses to install to (C:\ [My] \Documents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 refuses to install to (C:\ [My] \Documents)

Hello, I am assisting a fellow Ninjatrader 7 user. While I am not intimately familiar with how Ninjatrader was at one time installed, we have done a complete uninstall of Ninjatrader (per instructions found in other threads) and then a reinstallation of Ninjatrader. During the installation dialogue box where it wants to install it's executables, DLLs and other core files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ninjatrader 7 we confirm this and installation proceeds. These files and this directory structure is indeed created on C:\ (which is where \Windows resides and boots from)

But, the \Ninjatrader 7 directory with it's associated subdirectories such as \Bin, \Templates, \Workspaces, etc ... get installed to the E:\ drive, off the root of the E:\drive.

The E:\ drive is a physical hard disk, while the C:\ is a SSD. We have done this a couple of times now, and are stumped on why the usual creation of \NinjaTrader 7 is not within the \My Documents path (and by implication, to the C:\ drive.) Any idea what may be causing this?

Originally posted by Beljevina View Post
    Hello, I am assisting a fellow Ninjatrader 7 user. While I am not intimately familiar with how Ninjatrader was at one time installed, we have done a complete uninstall of Ninjatrader (per instructions found in other threads) and then a reinstallation of Ninjatrader. During the installation dialogue box where it wants to install it's executables, DLLs and other core files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ninjatrader 7 we confirm this and installation proceeds. These files and this directory structure is indeed created on C:\ (which is where \Windows resides and boots from)

But, the \Ninjatrader 7 directory with it's associated subdirectories such as \Bin, \Templates, \Workspaces, etc ... get installed to the E:\ drive, off the root of the E:\drive.

The E:\ drive is a physical hard disk, while the C:\ is a SSD. We have done this a couple of times now, and are stumped on why the usual creation of \NinjaTrader 7 is not within the \My Documents path (and by implication, to the C:\ drive.) Any idea what may be causing this?
    It sounds like you have relocated your "My Documents" folder some time earlier.

Comment

Hello Beljevina,

It seems the My Documents folder was relocated to the E:\ drive before you installed NinjaTrader as koganam mentions.

Can you please perform a complete uninstall NinjaTrader once more. Subsequently relocate the My Documents folder to the C:\ drive. Instructions can be found at the link below.

Check if you NinjaTrader now installs as you expect.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Install now states "Invalid Drive E:\"

Thanks Jason. We have gone through a thorough check and feel comfortable that \My Documents is now indeed on the C:\ drive.

When we tried reinstalling NT, the files that should go to \My Documents, again went to the path E:\Ninjatrader 7 . So, we uninstalled NT, and physically disconnected the SATA and power cable to the E:\ hard disk, so that now the only physical drive is the SSD, partiioned as 1 C:\ drive, which is where windows (still) properly boots from.

We begin to run the NT setup.exe, and it seems to be working towards install completion, except at the end says "Invalid Drive E:\"

Any idea what to try next? I see that previously you used to make the full install code available via the file NinjaTrader.Install.msi - would this work any better?
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you please send me an email at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, NT7 refuses to install to (C:\ [My] \Documents)' in the subject header.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes