Workspace windows management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace windows management

Being an "unbounded" program unlike TradeStation & others, where one can click "Arrange All" to quickly & neatly arrange all windows within a given space on one's desktop, NinjaTrader gerts untidy fast when charting many instruments.

I am testing a Forex strategy across 20 pairs, which requires up to 40 charts : 20 for the strategy on each pair, plus up to 20 more according to how many stratgeies are actually managing open trades, which I manage in ChartTrader.

Firstly, I'd like to request that this functionality be included within NT - & if it is already, please let me know !

Secondly, is anyone aware of any Windows utilities that could accomplish this, ie. to be able to toggle all Ninja windows in pre-allocated shapes and positions on a particular monitor or part of that monitor ?

Something like this... maybe.... (I have zero experience of this) : http://www.dexpot.de/index.php?id=home

Comment

Hello jtrade,

I will forward the request to support such functionality within NinjaTrader to development.

You can tile/cascade charts and other windows using the Windows function in the task bar. See the link below.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hmmmm.... interesting, thanks, Jason : I'm running this strategy project on a Ninja demo version on my old desktop, running Vista64, so this won't work (although it could come in useful on my W7 trading computer... but I typically run only 4 charts for live trading, so not so much an issue).

Edit : I see there's a number of possiblities out there : http://www.top5freeware.com/top-5-be...sktop-software .
        Last edited by jtrade; 05-01-2015, 03:22 AM.

Comment

This is possible in Windows XP and Vista as well.

Back in the Windows XP and Vista days, you could just Ctrl-Click on multiple taskbar buttons, and then select “Show Windows Side by Side” or one of the other options to tile just those windows—and it worked with as many windows as you felt like using.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post FrancisMorro  
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses