no data download yahoo intraday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no data download yahoo intraday

I'm having troubles downloading data from Yahoo intraday servers. Market Analyzer AskPrice and BidPrice don't show any instrument prices at all nor are the charts updated.

Did a clean reinstall, deleted temp files, rebooted machine, reset and repair of db (tools / options / data / reset db * repair db * reset instruments) with no success at all.

Can't find any error messages in the trace and log files. NT 7.x.27 Sim.

Additional tests:
    a) historical data manager / download daily data with a non-existing symbol: no data download, error message "error on reloading data: failed Yahoo Panic"

b) historical data manager / download minute data with a non-existing symbol: no data download, no error message

c) historical data manager / download minute data with a correct symbol: no data download, no error message

Any suggestions how to solve this behavior?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently Yahoo only provides End of Day Daily data within NinjaTrader for stocks therefore real time Bid/Ask and historical Minute data will not be available with this connection.

Can you please tell me what instrument you have selected within your Daily chart so I may further assist.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Downloading any kind of stock or indices was possible (1 min data) with a 15 min delay (simulated real time) using the build-in NT Yahoo connector (request interval 60 sec). Until last week when it suddenly stopped working.

This kind of data download still works with the Yahoo api (dow intraday):

Comment

I have tested this on my end and unfortunately I am unable to receive any intraday update for Minute bars and Indexes as you described with the Yahoo connection.

You can import data manually if the file has the correct format as outlined at the link below.

If you are looking for a data provider for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com

I have also provided a link below that goes over all supported providers, the assets that they support and the data they offer.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The delayed Yahoo intraday data feed worked for me the last 2 or 3 years without causing any problems.

I checked my system log files and found 2 NT web connections trying to fetch data from Yahoo in a 1-min interval:

Both links are targeting a 404 error page. This could be the reason for not getting the delayed intraday data anymore.

Comment

Hi Enabled and Christopher,

Just to let you know that you are not alone. I am having a similar issue.

I have noticed that the "Market Analyzer" will not load any data. I am connected to Yahoo, then I open up the market Analyzer and "Add Instrument List", but no matter what list I select no data is loaded into the screen. This has always worked previously.

I have the feeling that this is all interconnected as I have been downloading rates from Yahoo every 15 mins successfully for years now. And I have noticed this morning that the automatic process stopped around the 27th/28th April.

There does not appear to be anything unusual in the log and I have no known networking/system issues. So I am wondering what has changed? I can understand that (as you say Christopher) the downloading of intraday rates is not "officially" supported so might not be investigated, but the fact that the Market Analyzer is not loading data does seem like a legitimate problem.

Thanks in advance for your help and if I find anything I'll let you all know.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ruudawakening, Today, 12:58 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
            4 responses