X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

limit - internet outage

Hello,

I suffer some connection lost, so I want to ask please:

when I have a limit order and the connection is frozen and limit is triggered then I have a naked trade because the stops are on my PC with NinjaTrader untill the entry, only with the entry the stops are on the exchange, correct? Or is there a possibility to have the limit and the "stops for that limit" somehow so that there is no problem even when connection lost before the entry. I think this is not possible but a question about will be allowed I hope.

Thank you
    Tony

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.
    When submitting a limit order with an ATM strategy the orders with the Strategy will only submit if you are connected.
    If you are connected these orders will submit. Whether or not these orders are at at your PC, Broker, or the Exchange will depend solely on who you are connected to. Please see the following link on where you orders reside. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349

There is not a work around for this other than manually submitting the orders.
    If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I know this site with informations where the orders reside. Please let me do the question different, maybe I´m causing confusion because of bad translation. Sorry.

a.) When I place a limit in DOM or Chartrader this is on the exchange. So, when connection is lost after placing the limit then I can have a naked trade without stop because the stop would have been sent from NT on my computer when limitentry is triggeredb (but couldnt be done because no connection at time of entry). Correct?

Can I avoid this problem somehow?

b.) The moderator in a room I´m in says that the OCO from DOM and charttrader reside on CQG servers (with continuum datafeed), so when connection is lost from my computer then the OCO will work from CGQ servers. Is this information correct?

Thank you
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
      Hello,
      Thank you for your post.
      When submitting a limit order with an ATM strategy the orders with the Strategy will only submit if you are connected.
      If you are connected these orders will submit. Whether or not these orders are at at your PC, Broker, or the Exchange will depend solely on who you are connected to. Please see the following link on where you orders reside. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349

There is not a work around for this other than manually submitting the orders.
      If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.

Comment

Hello,
        A) Yes you are correct.
        When you place a order with an ATM strategy selected the ATM strategy orders are not submitted until the order is filled and NinjaTrader is connected.
        If you were to lose connection the Stop loss(Stop order) and Profit Target(Limit order) will not be submitted and working at your exchange or broker.
        B.) This is correct. If you are using CQG/Continuum/NinjaTrader Continuum these orders will reside on CQG servers so if you lose connection they will still be active.
        Please note though TM and NinjaScript strategy features such as trailing stops remain client side.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Then please let me add for having clear situation about this:

a.) yes I use NT-brokerage, so I undestand that the stops and targets on a trade entered with chart-trader are on your server. The moderator in the room says that one doesnt need OCO for these stops and targets, as once a target is filled, also the corresponding stop is cancelled and vv when stop is triggered then the target is cancelled - without OCO. Is this correct? (then I had a misunderstanding about OCO for a long time)

b.) but when connection from continuum to the exchange is lost, then also will be a naked trade, right?

c.) what is TM please?

Thank you for your support.

Best
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
          Hello,
          A) Yes you are correct.
          When you place a order with an ATM strategy selected the ATM strategy orders are not submitted until the order is filled and NinjaTrader is connected.
          If you were to lose connection the Stop loss(Stop order) and Profit Target(Limit order) will not be submitted and working at your exchange or broker.
          B.) This is correct. If you are using CQG/Continuum/NinjaTrader Continuum these orders will reside on CQG servers so if you lose connection they will still be active.
          Please note though TM and NinjaScript strategy features such as trailing stops remain client side.

Comment

Hello,
            A.) This is correct. All ATM strategies already are assigned OCO ID's by default.
            B.) If you lose connection before the order is filled the ATM strategy's orders will not be submitted and the order will not be protected.
            C.) My apologies this was a typo on my end. TM was supposed to be ATM. Please note though ATM and NinjaScript strategy features such as trailing stops remain client side.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. But now I´m confused at all. Before making the account with NT-brokerage I asked where the stops reside and I was told that the stops are on the exchange. Now you answered above that they are on CQG servers.

Please clearify.

Thank you
              Tony

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The connection in use and state of these orders will determine where they reside. For instance, when connected to CQG or Continuum, orders with a state of "Accepted" or "Working" will be at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Continuum\CQG servers.

Please see the following links for more information:

Order State Definitions: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...efinitions.htm

Where Orders Reside: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349
                Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

yes, this is what I understood. But above here in the chat is the reply:

"B.) This is correct. If you are using CQG/Continuum/NinjaTrader Continuum these orders will reside on CQG servers so if you lose connection they will still be active."

I really do not understand now when on exchange and when on CQG servers (when trading with NT-brokerage).

Sorry.

Best
                  Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
                  Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The connection in use and state of these orders will determine where they reside. For instance, when connected to CQG or Continuum, orders with a state of "Accepted" or "Working" will be at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Continuum\CQG servers.

Please see the following links for more information:

Order State Definitions: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...efinitions.htm

Where Orders Reside: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, and we apologize for the confusion.

These orders will be at the Exchange. The only exception to this would be for order types that are not supported by the Exchange.

For all intents and purposes, when using NinjaTrader Continuum, if your PC lost connection and these orders were in an "Accepted" or "Working" state, they should still function as expected.

Comment

Hello,

so, when trading with NT-continuum the stops and targets from a trade entered with chart-trader are on the exchange and on your servers like an image from traders computer and because the chart-trader/ATM-strategies are assigned OCO IDs by default they dont need to be connected to the traders computer and they will work when connection from traders computer is lost.

But when connection from NT-brokerage to exchange is lost then the stop is not cancelled on exchange when target is hit and target is not cancelled when stop is hit. Correct? (as its by default on your servers but not on the exchange - so the only safe way would be to have only a stop on the exchange, then there will not be a problem if there is no connection to NT-brokerage, as stop will work there, but would not cancel target on exchange when stop hit - without connection to NT-brokerage. END. Right?

Best
                      Tony

Best
                      Tony

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Orders that are in a state of "Working" or "Accepted" will be at the exchange. As long as the orders are in that state, they should function in the event of connection lost on the PC.

Unfortunately, I am not certain what may occur if the connection was lost between the Exchange and Brokerage. I have never heard of such a case. However, I will reach out to members of the Brokerage team for further information and will follow up with you personally with any information.

Comment

Hello,

another question referring "reducing risk" please:

I dont want to send an enterlonglimit long time before we are close to the price - as we discussed what can happen when connection is lost with a limit before it is triggered.

Isn´t it possible to use Enterlongstoplimit below current marketprice (and vv entershortstoplimit above)? I know long time before what price I will have the limit but I want the limitorder to be sent lets say 3 ticks before. I thought I could use enterlongstoplimit with the idea that once stop is hit then the limit is sent. But in the forum I understood that this will not work. How can it be done please?

Thank you
                          Tony

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

That is correct that would not be possible to submit the orders in this way, that would be invalid order placement based on the type of order.

If you already have the price ahead of time, would you instead be able to make a condition that uses that price, and once the current price reaches that price or surpasses, submit your order? That could be a market or a limit order or if above the current price a stop limit order.

I look forward to being of further assistance .
                            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post rtwave
                            by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                            5 responses