Ninja script import warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja script import warning

Hi, I tried to download/import an indicator from the forum, but now I'm getting this error: http://snap.ashampoo.com/Z5OaLNdp

There was a duplicate folder "Indicator" in the documents folder, so I deleted the old one.

How do I recover from this?

Thanks

Hi cognis0, thanks for your post.

The steps for resolving compiler errors like what you're experiencing there would be the following:

*Open NinjaTrader
    *From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    *Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    *A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    *At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    *From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure on this process, please send an email to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com and we would be happy to set up a remote session to resolve these for you.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Thanks Alex,

I had to close NinjaTrader because I had an issue when attempting to run a market replay, Now I can't launch NinjaTrader: http://snap.ashampoo.com/MyYUUqnb

What should I do?

Thanks...

Comment

Hi cognis0, thanks for your reply.

Please attempt the following and see if you experience the same:

* Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
        * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.xml"
        * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces. If it opens successfully after this process, you can reopen your previous workspace via the Control Center > File > Workspaces > Open Workspace menu.

Also, do you have any datafeed connections set to Connect on Startup?
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error after deleting that xml file

Comment

I'll start a new thread with this new error. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            4 responses