Add Target/Splitting Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Target/Splitting Orders

How many ticks away from current target, does add target move (if multiple targets exist at same price level, how does add target work)?

After scaling into a position, and moving various targets to one price level, I can't find a way to move one or more of the combined orders to a different target by dragging or click/click? Add target is nice feature, but why not continue with click/click theme on submenu of open targets at same price level?

Thanks.

imported post

4 ticks.

Click on the target in the center column, click on a new price in center column. That will move all target orders consolidated at that price level in one action.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

That answers my first question, but not my second.

Once orders are consolidated at one price level as indicated by right clicking on the order and viewing the numberous orders at that level, how do I move one or more orders to different price levels?

Comment

imported post

Sorry, misunderstood. There is no way within the SuperDOM to separate them. The workaround is to modify them from the Control Center window Order Panel.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Thanks for your prompt reply.

This is a must have. The ability to change the price level of a target is essential, even after multiple orders may have been consolidated at a single price leve. Perhaps the ability to right click on consolidated target, move to the order that needs to be moved, and drag or click/click to new level?

Comment

imported post

Will consideryour request for a future version.

Thanks for suggesting it.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Pivot...........try this.......I've only done it a couple of times but I think it works (I was scrambling at the time and its kinda foggyin memory noweheheh). Set your DOM properties on Strategy Selection Mode to "select active strategy on order submission". In tools/options/strategies unclick "modify inner bracket & nearest bracket".

Then if you set up a 3 target strategy with whatever distribution the added lots scaled in will fill up each targetaway from entryper distribution defined in strategy. I think extras will flow down/up (per long/shortposition)to last target but havent tried....maybe Ray can confirm. If you then (-)target the closest 2 targets combine (at first target price)leaving the 3rd working (all targets are based on 1st entry working on Ray to be able to reset strategy brackets to avg entry price with a button on DOM). At that point I'm pretty sure that when you reduce size of new combined 1sttarget the 3rd/new2ndremaining target will adjust (&gtby the (&ltreduction of the 1st. Still however once 1st target is filled,I dont think can (+)target to split the remaining 3rd/new1sttarget even though your 3rd/new1st target is actually the only one left BUT if you put in new closing order above (in this case short postion)remainingtarget the remaining total bracket I think does adjust to new total position once that new closing order is filled.

Try it and let me know if it works the way I think it does

Regards

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                Will consideryour request for a future version.

Thanks for suggesting it.

Ray
                Three years later we are still asking for this.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks, not all features make it into production release. However this is still on our list to possibly add into a future version of NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Would like to add my vote for this six and a half years after it was suggested. Right click the order, select "Move" from the list, and then place it where it needs to be. Simple.

Comment

Thanks Added.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Davide999, 05-18-2023, 03:55 AM
                      4 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post kcwasher  
                      Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                      2 responses