Account Connections......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Connections......

1) Why is it so hard to get connected to my market data provider (Interactive Brokers) ??? The connection sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, Yet there is nothing more to do than adding a new connection, giving it a name (first row of the options), selecting IB as the provider (second row) and checking that the port in the next window corresponds to the API setting in TWS. So simple. Then why must Ninja SOMETIMES (not always) show the error of the attachment when trying to connect ?
    2) I've also a second realtime broker (TDAmeritrade Thinkorswim). On the contrary, this NEVER got connected in one year, Yet, this broker does appear in the default list of available providers, so what is the problem with THIS one ?
    Attached Files

Hello fliesen,

1. I see two IB connections listed. Do you notice any consistency between the ocurrences? Could it be it only occurs when you switch between IB connections during the same session. So you were first connected to your "IB" connection, then you disconnect it and connect to "IB demo".

If you just open TWS and check the TWS API settings for both IB logins, is it configured properly for both IB logins?

2. Unfortunately you cannot connect to ThinkOrSwim, however you can connect to TD Ameritrade accounts in NinjaTrader.

Make sure your TD Ameritrade account is enabled for NinjaTrader. To enable access to NinjaTrader, please contact TD Ameritrade Tech Support using the Secure Message Center on the TD Ameritrade Web site. After logging in, click Client Services >Contact Us > "Send us an email" or by calling 1-800-669-3900 and asking for Tech Support. For the tech support agent to understand the request, please ask to switch from an orange account to a green account.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) As usual, I have a real- and a paper account with Interactive Brokers: I do not always need to realtrade, therefore the two Ninja connections. The only difference between both is in the port numbers: I use 7496 for the realmoney and 7497 for the demo = same as configured in TWS's Api settings. In this year I could often work with either one or also with both together, but it may also happen when launching Ninja that I face the mentioned (no-)connection problem with one or even with both my IB platforms, although nothing changed in my Ninja or IB settings since the previous day. This is the reason why the occurance is really crazy. Moreover, there is no way to work it out, since all other setting options ("use Interactive Brokers servers", optional user name, optional host, log level, Client ID) can't be significantly changed or have no effect.
      2) Is TDAmeritrade not the same as ThinkOrSwim, and a TDA account not also a TOS one and viceversa ?
      Last edited by fliesen; 05-08-2015, 02:12 AM.

Comment

1. Please note that you can trade in simulation using the real trade account. If you enable 'Global Simulation Mode' at Control Center-->File, the sim101 account will always be selected and cannot be changed. This prevents you from trading live. That way you can just use 1 IB connection.

Can you please check what TWS version you have installed. You can check this at Help-->About TradersWorkStation. Could it be you have a different version than 944.3? If so, please install version 944.3. You can download and install TWS 944.3 from the following link.

2. Yes, it is the same company. Their accounts be can setup for either ThinkOrSwim or TD Ameritrade. If you cannot connect, please contact TD Ameritrade Tech Support and verify if you have a TD Ameritrade account and check if it is enabled for NinjaTrader.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes