Backup and restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup and restore

I've tried to save a backup to a NAS device, but it's taking hours..!! So I have aborted.. and the abort is taking hours..!!

How long should a backup take?

Do you recommend any 3rd party apps for automatically backing up NinjaTrader?

Hello cognis0,

I suggest to restart NinjaTrader. Likely it is stuck displaying the abort message.

It depends on the amount of information you have in NinjaTrader. Are you able to create a backup file if you select just one item from the "Backup NinjaTrader" window?

Unfortunately we do not have any recommendations in the regard.

Please see the file locations below. You could manually create copies of the files you like to backup and save them in a different folder

Workspaces
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Database (ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data)
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf

Chart templates
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->Chart

Market Analyzer templates
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->Market Analzyer

Other templates
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->Strategy, Indicator, etc

Historical data
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->day/minute/tick folders

Market Replay data
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data

Indicators
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Indicator

Strategies
    C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin-->Custom-->Strategy
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm looking at Cobian backup, which I have used before and is nice and simple and quite functional. Should I backup both the >Program Files>NinjaTrader7 and the >MyDocuments>NinjaTrader7 folders?

Any comments about restoring using this type of recovery solution?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry Jason, I posted that last one before seeing your reply.

Just to say that I have installed Cobian and run the backup of both sets of folders all in a few minutes while still using NinjaTrader ~ so this looks a very good (and free!) solution. I've set this to backup every night and to retain the last 3 backups ~ really very simple!!

Comment

Good to hear you found a solution.

No need to backup the NinjaTrader installation folder (>Program Files>NinjaTrader7). You can always install it fresh from our website. I suggest to backup the Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder only.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
          4 responses