Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 targets with a new position

Hi, I'm new to ninja trader

I set up a ATM startegy with 2 targets: 1 with a 6 ticks profit target and the other one none and after 1 contract has targeted 6 ticks there is a break even stop. Now, when 1 target is filled and the other contract is running(let's say the break even stop is 52.50) I wanted to enter a new position with the same strategy but instead of showing a new profit target and stop lost on the new position, it's only showing 3 stop lost at 52.50 with no profit target...

thanks for helping!

Hello elgoug777,

Thank you for your inquiry.

When you are entering a new position, please ensure that your active ATM strategy is currently not selected. By default, when entering a position, the active ATM strategy will be selected; any further orders will be added to this strategy without modifying the profit target or stop loss.

If you wish to enter a position with your strategy locked in, select your strategy again in the “ATM Strategy” section.

If you’d like to change the default behavior of ATM strategy selection, you can right-click anywhere in the SuperDOM and select “Properties”. The “SuperDom properties” box should come up. Under the “General” category, there will be a section titled “ATM Strategy selection mode”. By default, it is set to “SelectActiveAtmStrategyOnOrderSubmission”. Changing this to “KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission” will keep the ATM strategy you wish to use selected so you can enter into new positions using the same strategy rather than adding on to an already existing active one.

If you’re using the Chart Trader, just right-click in the Chart Trader and select “Chart Trader Properties”. The steps will be the same as above.

For more information about ATM strategy selection modes, take a look at the help guide at this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ction_mode.htm

Please let me know if you have any further questions!
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post z.franck  
    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes