running positions from many charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running positions from many charts

my question is ,if i have two charts open of same instrument and one chart i have an automated strategy running .now if use other chart to trade discresionary and use chart trader for that.will my auto strategy be effected or will it be immune from my positions on second chart using chart trader.pls advise

It will

If you don't add custom order management with your automated strategy (e.g. checks of position, size etc.), any discretionary trade of the same instrument will compromise your automated strategy. So you have to add your own custom order management to make sure that your automated strategy is still working correctly considering your manual interventions.

Comment

Hello easyfying,

Thanks for your post and thanks ccamille for their response (and welcome ccamille to the forums!).
      In addition, if you use the close button on the chart trader that will disable your strategy.

Alternatively, If you are testing in SIM (and if you have a live license key) keep in mind that you can create additional SIM accounts that would allow you run the strategy (in one account) and continue your discretionary trading in another account. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...n_accounts.htm
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i understand that close button on chart trader will disable my strategy .
        however i need advice if i have a strategy running(not atm but ninjascript) on a chart and say its long and exit will take many hours or days.
        in the mean time i want to go long and short multiple times,without disturbing my ninjascript strategy.is it possible using chart trader.
        if not how can this be achieved .
        and all this involves the same instrument .

Comment

Hello easyfying,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is possible. Please review: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._account_p.htm
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
          97 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by patrickmlee007, Today, 09:33 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes