Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Performance report - Entry Efficiency and Exit Efficency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance report - Entry Efficiency and Exit Efficency?

Hi,

I am not clear on how to asses the horizontal blue lines I get in the Performance report for Entry Efficiency and Exit Efficency?
    For example is a horizontal blue line for Entry Efficiency positioned at 65% better than a horizontal blue line for Entry Efficiency positioned at 60%?
    How much better relative one to the other is 65% versus 60% and what does Entry Efficiency actually tell me?
    And what is considered a "good" % for the horizontal blue line for Entry Efficiency?
    The positioning of the winning and losing trades above or below the horizontal blue line for Entry Efficiency what does that tell me about the individual trade?
    I would be grateful if someone could clarify this for me.

Thanks//

//TB

Hello Callethyou,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Entry efficiency shows the percentage of an available trading range that a strategy captures (ex. it shows whether your strategy is entering positions at a good price). This window of time starts on the bar where a trade entered the market. This window closes when the trade exits. Entry efficiency for long positions is determined by this formula: (maximum price seen - entry price) / (maximum price seen - minimum price seen). Entry efficiency for short positions is the same formula reversed. The blue line on any efficiency graph represents the average. So to your example, 65% efficiency is better than 60% efficiency. Once you know the entry efficiency, you can make strategy adjustments to improve your strategy's overall performance (ex. If you have poor entry efficiency, you may want to find a way to enter trades at a point when the buy price is closer to the lowest price.)

You can find information on trade efficiency in our help guide here:http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ncy_graphs.htm
    If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to ask.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hi,

so what are the "normal" tricks in order to achieve better entry afficiency and exit efficiency respectively?
      If you for example suggest 3 standard procedures / "tools" to achieve better entry afficiency and exit efficiency respectively?

Be aware that I am not asking for any trading advice here just general "well known" suggestions of procedures / "tools" that can help to improve the entry afficiency and exit efficiency situation and that I can go ahead with and try out myself,

Thanks//

//TB

Comment

Hello Callethyou,

We cannot offer any tips on improving your strategy's entry efficiency, however there are many forums specifically devoted to discussing trading strategies and related topics which may be a better place to pose your question.

If you have any other questions regarding the NinjaTrader platform itself, please feel free to ask.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_MichaelM; 05-15-2015, 12:23 PM.
        Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses