Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

When I import my strategy, it is shown in the dropdown list, but the variables do not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I import my strategy, it is shown in the dropdown list, but the variables do not

Hi,
    I have a strange problem.

I usually develop my strategy on one computer and then import it on a different one where I optimize and test.

When I import the new version of my strategy, it appears on the dropdown list, however when I select that same new version, the variables do not change underneath...as if I have not selected it at all.

For example if I select the built in SampleATMStrategy and then I select my strategy, I will continue to see the variable properties of the SampleATMStrategy.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.

Originally posted by nikolaalx View Post
    Hi,
    I have a strange problem.

I usually develop my strategy on one computer and then import it on a different one where I optimize and test.

When I import the new version of my strategy, it appears on the dropdown list, however when I select that same new version, the variables do not change underneath...as if I have not selected it at all.

For example if I select the built in SampleATMStrategy and then I select my strategy, I will continue to see the variable properties of the SampleATMStrategy.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.
    What is the error in your log?

Comment

there is no error in the log, since there is no way for me to select the variables that I want to analyze.

Like I already said, when I select the strategy from the drop down menu, nothing really happens.

If I click on "Optimize" the Strategy Analyzer starts to analyze the previous strategy that was prior to me selecting the one that I need to optimize.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolaalx View Post
        there is no error in the log, since there is no way for me to select the variables that I want to analyze.

Like I already said, when I select the strategy from the drop down menu, nothing really happens.

If I click on "Optimize" the Strategy Analyzer starts to analyze the previous strategy that was prior to me selecting the one that I need to optimize.
        That usually points to a problem with the last strategy added, and the reason is usually in the log. If trapped, that error is trapped well before you can select anything, and the details are in the log and sometimes even in the OutputWindow.

From your response, I will presume that you may be confusing the "results of a run" with the "log".

Comment

Hello nikolaalx,

Thank you for your post.

Koganam is correct, when this occurs there is a message listed in the Log tab of the Control Center. So when you select SampleAtmStrategy and then your strategy and the parameters are still for the SampleAtmStrategy, close the strategy menu and go to the Log tab of the Control Center.

Please list the message seen in your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo
          by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes