Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ninjatrader application has stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader application has stopped working.

I tried to open my ninjatrader platform this morning and received a message saying the application has stopped working. I haven't made any changes and it has worked great until now. Any suggestions?

Hello,
    Thank you for your post,

To troubleshoot the situation, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace(s)

Note this will not remove any settings or data.

1. Shut down NinjaTrader
    2. Navigate to the folder (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    3. Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    4. Right click on "Untitled1.xml"
    5. Select Rename
    6. Rename it to "Untitiled1 Old.xml"
    7. After deleting and renaming the files above, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    8. Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for issue.

If no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi EricB, Thanks for your response.

I followed the steps and everything worked fine until I loaded my previous workspace and the application stopped working again.

After playing with the charts, it seems to stop working when I use a 1440 minute chart for daily. It used to work just fine.
      Last edited by nutrdr; 05-17-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for testing that. Do you have any custom bar types or indicators in use on the charts?

The next step would be to re-add these individually to see which is causing NinjaTrader to become unresponsive.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Rollover Problems lately

Hi. Just to add to the post. For the past 2 rollovers I have noticed that my charts ( on two different machines ) will not load at contract Rollover times with CL. This is also occurring on a friends machine. This problem is new, completely successful Rollovers in the past were the norm. I'm just wondering what has changed to cause this disturbance ?

Comment

My application isn't shutting down like it was, but the data in my charts is not accurate. When switching between instruments, the chart starts over on a new bar without showing past bars and things are barely moving. I am unable to reload historical data. I am using CQG and Amp.

As far as custom indicators, the charts that I thought were working have the same setup as the chart that crashed my application except for the time period.

Update: It now looks to be working better after restarting several times. I just hope it stays working. Thanks for everyone's help.
            Last edited by nutrdr; 05-18-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gentlebenthebear  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Kaledus