Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop accepted - stop working

Hello,

what is the reason that one time I have stops "accepted" and one time I have stops "working"??? (NT continuum live)

Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tonynt,

Thanks for the post.

These different order states are representing the confirmations received from your brokerage and/or exchange. Here is a help guide link with the order state definitions:

Help Guide - Order State Definitions

For Continuum, orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. Here is a link to a post describing where you orders reside based on your provider/brokerage:

Where do my orders reside?

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. This I know.

But what is the reason that one trade it is "accepted" and other trade "working"?

Even when both are on the exchange there must be a difference, because why should be different status when it would be the same?

What is the qualitative difference?

Best
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Hi Tonynt,

Thanks for the post.

These different order states are representing the confirmations received from your brokerage and/or exchange. Here is a help guide link with the order state definitions:

Help Guide - Order State Definitions

For Continuum, orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. Here is a link to a post describing where you orders reside based on your provider/brokerage:

Where do my orders reside?
      Last edited by tonynt; 05-18-2015, 12:26 PM. Reason: clearify

Comment

Hi Tonynt,

A profit target (limit order) will be listed as "Working" because it is at the exchange. Your stop loss (stop limit or stop market order) isn't actually placed until the price is reached, so that order will display as "Accepted" because your brokerage has accepted it and will execute a market or limit order when the stop price is reached.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

sorry, but this is getting even more confusing:

a) it was my stop that was "working" - not a profit target (as I wrote at the beginning). you make distinction between profit target (limit) and stop (accepted)

b.) NT website: "Continuum
          Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange".
          But you write stop is accepted at brokerage (not exchange) ???

Sorry, but this is to important.

Best
          Tony

Hi Tonynt,

A profit target (limit order) will be listed as "Working" because it is at the exchange. Your stop loss (stop limit or stop market order) isn't actually placed until the price is reached, so that order will display as "Accepted" because your brokerage has accepted it and will execute a market or limit order when the stop price is reached.

Comment

Hi tonynt,

a) I am unable to replicate this on my end. Please write in to PlatfornSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with your log and trace files so that we may look into this issue further.

b) Your brokerage manages your position at the exchange, so in this case saying it is at the exchange would be synonymous. For example, a sell limit order cannot be placed below the current market price, so when you place a stop limit order, your brokerage waits until your stop price is hit and then submits a limit order. Here is the definition from Investopedia:

Stop Limit Order:
            An order placed with a broker that combines the features of stop order with those of a limit order. A stop-limit order will be executed at a specified price (or better) after a given stop price has been reached. Once the stop price is reached, the stop-limit order becomes a limit order to buy (or sell) at the limit price or better.

Comment

Patrick,

why do you answer me to my accurate question that a sell-limit can not be placed below the current market price? I have not asked for this, and with discussing that way we get off the core. I know that a sell-limit can not be placed below the current market price.

It´s not synonymous if stop is at the exchange or at brokerage (if you had traded Aug. 16th 2010 you would know). I´m trying to translate accurately and ask concrete for finding out this and you tell me that a sell-limit can not be placed below current market and broker and exchange is synonymous.

Sorry, but this is not the support experienced here usually.

So, I ask again to answer my questions please.

Thank you for your support!
              Tony

Hi tonynt,

a) I am unable to replicate this on my end. Please write in to PlatfornSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with your log and trace files so that we may look into this issue further.

b) Your brokerage manages your position at the exchange, so in this case saying it is at the exchange would be synonymous. For example, a sell limit order cannot be placed below the current market price, so when you place a stop limit order, your brokerage waits until your stop price is hit and then submits a limit order. Here is the definition from Investopedia:

Stop Limit Order:
              An order placed with a broker that combines the features of stop order with those of a limit order. A stop-limit order will be executed at a specified price (or better) after a given stop price has been reached. Once the stop price is reached, the stop-limit order becomes a limit order to buy (or sell) at the limit price or better.

Comment

Hi tonynt,

I mentioned sell limit and sell stop limit orders as an explanation of what is happening behind the scenes when you place a stop loss through an ATM strategy. Your stop loss and profit trigger are at the exchange if they are in a state of "working" or "accepted" and will execute even if you have lost your connection after submitting the orders. Any associated stop strategy (auto-breakeven, auto-trail) would not execute as this information is held locally.

I have received your files and am looking through to try to find an occurrence of the issue you were describing and will reply via email when I have more detailed information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                16 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Leafcutter  
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED