Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server bracket orders

Hi,

Am I understanding correctly that if I use Ninjatrader with CQG and Ninja brokerage, server bracket orders are available ? ie the order, the target and the stop are all in CQG servers, in the case I am using an ATM with targets/stops predefined ?

Thanks

Hello gomifromparis,

Thank you for your post.

Your understanding is correct, CQG/NinjaTrader Continuum based connections will allow OCO to function from the server.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I get it for the OCO , but is it also for the full bracket ? For example, I enter a potential trade somewhere on the chart ( a limit order far off) with an ATM strategy attached, and I close my computer.
      The entry, stop and target are on the CQG server, so I am safe. Is this correct ?

Moreover, do you confirm I can also move manually the targets/stops on the chart,and they are moved on the CQG server as I do it ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Continuum/CQG servers. Changes which you make to your orders within the chart will take effect on Continuum/CQG servers.

With this said, Stop Loss and Profit Target orders are not submitted by NinjaTrader until the entry order has filled. If you were to place an entry order then shut NinjaTrader down, the application would be unable to send the Stop Loss and Profit Target order.

I hope that this helps to clarify however if other questions come up please let me know.

Comment

ok thanks for the answer

Comment

Braket orders

I just came across this thread and am very surprised to read that if I shut NT application my bracket orders will not be submitted . 80% of my trades are set and forget basis. For example, set my buy order, sell stop or sell limit, shut the application and go away.
            Can I do this on NT or should I stay with my current broker?
            Please advise.

Comment

Hello mkaraa,

While we do not recommend that you leave the PC unattended when trading live (as you should be available to take immediate action to minimize losses if something were to take place) orders submitted to a NinjaTrader Brokerage based account will remain active on broker servers provided that the orders are in a state of 'Accepted' or 'Working'. Please see the following link for more information about where orders reside: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349

Comment

OCO for 2 bracket orders

Thank you Kyle that is a lief.

My other questions. Can I submit OCO for 2 bracket orders? For example
                1- buy limit with stop loss and target
                2- sell limit with stop loss and target

If order 1 gets filled (buy limit) order 2 (sell limit)gets cancelled.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, this can be accomplished using OCO and ATM Strategies.

• Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
                  • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
                  • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
                  • For your second order, select (or re-select) the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
                  • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
                  • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function

Comment

Yes but remember if you put in an ATM order with entry, target,stop, only the entry order is "Working", so residing on the broker or exchange server.
                    Stop and target will be sent when the order is filled, so if you put in your ATM order and close your platorm, if your order gets trioggered on the exchange it will be free running with no stop and no target...

Comment

Bracket Orders

Thank you Kyle. I tried on chart trader and worked as you described.

Comment

Ex-Interactive Brokers Forex - looking for NinjaTrader Bracket orders

Hi All,

Interactive Brokers has ceased handling Forex trading as of Sept 1, 2016 (unless you have $ millions, not kidding, in your account).

We've been trading in production using TWS/API/ActiveX/VBA for over 5 years now and have over 20K lines of code for price action written, tested and implemented. This runs totally automated and hands off 24X7 on 60 min, 4 hour and daily intervals.

ALL of our initial orders are bracket orders.

We'd like to re-use most of the code (keep running the methodology) and only make Order Management calls to NinjaTrader using the Automated Trading Interface with DLL calls if possible.

From what I'm reading this can "sort-of" be accomplished. The front end of the bracket entry order would go to the exchange and the stop and profit would be transmitted to the exchange ONLY after the entry order filled. If our app went down or we lost the ISP we'd be in trouble. This would be totally unacceptable. IB allowed all three parts to be submitted simultaneously.

Is this true?

If it is, we really don't see a need for NinjaTrader since we'd bite the bullet and use MetaTrader directly with the Forex Broker and write a (painful) interface. It's our understanding the MetaTrader places all 3 bracket parts on the server immediately.

Can anybody help or offer advice?

Thanks,
                        Lou Dudka

Comment

Originally posted by loududka View Post
                          Hi All,

Interactive Brokers has ceased handling Forex trading as of Sept 1, 2016 (unless you have $ millions, not kidding, in your account).

We've been trading in production using TWS/API/ActiveX/VBA for over 5 years now and have over 20K lines of code for price action written, tested and implemented. This runs totally automated and hands off 24X7 on 60 min, 4 hour and daily intervals.

ALL of our initial orders are bracket orders.

We'd like to re-use most of the code (keep running the methodology) and only make Order Management calls to NinjaTrader using the Automated Trading Interface with DLL calls if possible.

From what I'm reading this can "sort-of" be accomplished. The front end of the bracket entry order would go to the exchange and the stop and profit would be transmitted to the exchange ONLY after the entry order filled. If our app went down or we lost the ISP we'd be in trouble. This would be totally unacceptable. IB allowed all three parts to be submitted simultaneously.

Is this true?

If it is, we really don't see a need for NinjaTrader since we'd bite the bullet and use MetaTrader directly with the Forex Broker and write a (painful) interface. It's our understanding the MetaTrader places all 3 bracket parts on the server immediately.

Can anybody help or offer advice?

Thanks,
                          Lou Dudka
                          In NinjaTrader, you can place protective orders only after the entry order is filled, BUT, that does not mean that you cannot place your orders simultaneously. You will just have to place protective OCO orders first, then make your entry. When either of the OCO orders is hit, the other will be cancelled. That is pretty much what we do manually anyway. At least most traders that I know. We place our exit orders first, then make the entry.

Comment

If Entry Order doesn't fill does this mean OCO's will hit?

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                            In NinjaTrader, you can place protective orders only after the entry order is filled, BUT, that does not mean that you cannot place your orders simultaneously. You will just have to place protective OCO orders first, then make your entry. When either of the OCO orders is hit, the other will be cancelled. That is pretty much what we do manually anyway. At least most traders that I know. We place our exit orders first, then make the entry.
                            Hi koganam - WOW, thanks for your prompt reply!!!

We're a little confused. If we place the Stop/Profit first, and then the Entry does this mean if the Entry Order doesn't fill (it's a StopLimit not a Stop) that the OCO's will fill if not promptly cancelled?

Once again thanks,
                            Lou Dudka

Comment

Hi All,

I am currently fine with my NT brackets orders. I run NT on a third party server in Chicago, speedytradingserver.com. There are several NT traders there as well. This will cost from 60-100 depending on your needs. I downloaded NT on my VPN, let it run 24/7 and set my order with ATM strategy, to make sure to activate my bracket orders when entry is hit.

I am happy with the execution speed, compared to before and will continue using the VPN. I think this isthe only way I came across if you want have set-and-forget orders on NT. As you may know, the ATM strategy sit on your machine. If you log off NT, while you have an order with ATM and the entry hits, the ATM will not get triggered.

Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes