Server bracket orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello loududka,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums!

An ATM attached to an entry order are not automatically submitted to the market. For example, if you buy in to the market and have an active ATM it will then be submitted to the Market. It depends on the connection for OCO. Please see this link for where your orders reside http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=5349
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mkaraa View Post
      Hi All,

I am currently fine with my NT brackets orders. I run NT on a third party server in Chicago, speedytradingserver.com. There are several NT traders there as well. This will cost from 60-100 depending on your needs. I downloaded NT on my VPN, let it run 24/7 and set my order with ATM strategy, to make sure to activate my bracket orders when entry is hit.

I am happy with the execution speed, compared to before and will continue using the VPN. I think this isthe only way I came across if you want have set-and-forget orders on NT. As you may know, the ATM strategy sit on your machine. If you log off NT, while you have an order with ATM and the entry hits, the ATM will not get triggered.

Regards
      Thanks mkaraa,

It appears that this is the ONLY true solution.

Especially in light of NinjaTrade_Kyle's link that shows IB is the ONLY one that completely supports true bracket orders.

Boy, we're missing IB's dropping Forex more and more ...

What happens if a bracket order is placed in MetaTrader?

Regards,
      Lou Dudka

Comment

Originally posted by loududka View Post
        Hi koganam - WOW, thanks for your prompt reply!!!

We're a little confused. If we place the Stop/Profit first, and then the Entry does this mean if the Entry Order doesn't fill (it's a StopLimit not a Stop) that the OCO's will fill if not promptly cancelled?

Once again thanks,
        Lou Dudka
        You are right about that. That I overlooked that is partly my fault. From the way that you posed the question , I wrongly assumed that you were entering with Market Orders. If you are using Limit orders of any kind, (other than those placed ahead of the market, in effect turning them into Market orders), then the safety issue that you raise becomes important, and you must seek to close the OCO orders when needed.
        Last edited by koganam; 10-09-2016, 12:21 PM. Reason: Corrected grammar.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888