Problem connecting to MB Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem connecting to MB Trading

I am attempting to perform a backtest using volume bars. My first attempt was using Interactive Brokers data. I discovered that historical tick/volume bars are not available, and having searched the forum I notice that I am not the only person who doesn't understand why that should be the case! Leaving that issue to one side for the moment......

I tried setting up a connection to MB Trading, to see if that might help solve my problem. I am using NT version 7.0.1000.27, .NET/CLR Version 2.0.50727.5485 and MBT Desktop version 11.9.0.51.

When performing the initial connection everything hangs with "Loading account list" displayed on my screen ad infinitum.

What do you suggest?

P.S. On closer inspection I notice that after recently downgrading the MBT software to allow NT to talk to it, it now starts up with an empty account list. A clue of sorts?
    Last edited by SoulSurfer; 05-22-2015, 03:44 AM.

Hello SoulSurfer,

Can you please perform a reboot of your computer (if not already) and check if this allows you to connect successful. If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files for today so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20150522 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20150522 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You can send it to "platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com". Please put 'Att Jason, Problem connecting to MB Trading' in the subject header.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello SoulSurfer,
      Hello Jason,

You probably hadn't read my P.S. when you posted your admirably prompt reply. I'll investigate a bit further before doing what you suggest.

Any thoughts on the IB issue?

Comment

Yes, I did not see that message when I posted my response. I am not sure why MBT's software starts with an empty account list. Are you still unable to connect to MBTrading in NinjaTrader? If so, please send me the log and trace files.

Unfortunately historical tick data is not supported with Interactive Brokers. They provide historical snapshot data and not tick by tick data. Volume bars are build by historical tick data.

Comment

I now find myself in a "Catch 22" position. Although I managed to manually login OK using MBT Desktop earlier today, now it refuses and keeps popping up the attached screen.

Any suggestions?
          Attached Files

Comment

Do you experience this pop up message when you try to connect to MBTrading in NinjaTrader or when you run MBT's software independent from NinjaTrader?

What happens if you click away this pop up message? Are you saying it continuously pops up again if you close it?

Comment

It keeps on popping up! (Using MBT Desktop manually)

I've no idea which of all the various things I've tried did the trick, but I have now managed to connect to MBT OK from NT, and I have a sensible looking ES chart full of volume bars.

More from me in due course, if I ever discover what the secret is!
              Last edited by SoulSurfer; 05-22-2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post chbruno